Eskom is the power company of South Africa. As a state-owned company, Eskom receives strong government support, allowing the company to continue growing and ever-expanding. Currently, Eskom is offering Artisan Training Programme opportunities within its various departments, including Electrical, Mechanical, and Measurement Control and Instrumentation.
In this 3 years learnership training programme, you will be able to earn experience and learn both from the institution and directly from participating on the job. If you are looking to start a career in trade, this is an amazing opportunity that you should not miss! Not only experience, but you will have a chance to obtain a trade test certificate. So what are you waiting for, you can find more details below!
Job Title: Eskom Learnership
Position: Learner Artisans X35 (Generation) Various Power Stations
Location: South Africa (Mpumalanga)
Type: Learnership / Training Programme
Reference Number: Gx 003/PvS
Duration: 3 years
In this training programme, the successful candidate will receive both institutionalized and hands-on job training. Candidate will also have the opportunity to obtain a trade test certificate.
Eligibility and Requirements
In order to apply for the Eskom Learnership Artisans Training Programme, you need to have the following educational qualification, please check the list below:
• Grade 12 with Maths 50%, Physical Science 50% and English 40% or
• N3 Engineering with Maths 50%, Physical Science 50% and English 40% or
• NCV Level 4 Physical Science 50%, Maths 50% and English 40%
Not only education qualification but there are several skills and traits that you need to possess in order to apply for the Training Programme, including:
• You must have good communication skills, both verbal and written
• You should have a strong self-discipline approach
• You must be a self-motivated person with a high level of drive
• You must have strong emotional resilience
• You should have sufficient knowledge about safety and be conscious about maintaining safety in the workplace
• You must be responsible and committed
• You must have computer literacy
If you have all the right qualifications and are interested to join the Eskom Learnership Artisans Training Programme, you will need to prepare several documents, including:
- Comprehensive and recently updated Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Certified copies of identification documents
- Certified copies of completed qualifications
You can drop your application and the required documents at the nearest Eskom Power Station.
Eskom is committed to equality, employment equity, and diversity. Preference may be given, but not limited to, applicants from under-represented designated groups. Candidates with disabilities are also encouraged to apply for positions.
If you need more information regarding the Eskom Learnership Artisan Training Programme, you can visit their website at this link.
Finally, the application for Eskom Learnership Artisan Training Programme will be closed on November 19, 2021, please send your application before the date.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, if you have not been contacted within 28 days after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
We wish you luck with your application!