If you are a part of unemployed youth who is looking for work experience and knowledge improvement without having to spend a dime, then you should seriously take part in the Sasol Learnership programme. This full-time programme will take place in Sasolburg and Secunda where candidates are expected to experience improved quality of professional performance.
Sasol Learnership Programme
Sasol is offering the opportunity for the potential but unemployed youth to take part in their Sasol Learner Artisan. Through this programme, the candidates are expected to improve their knowledge and skills while exposing themselves to professional working experience at the same time. By the time they complete the programme, they should experience an improved qualification in their knowledge, expertise, skills, and experience – allowing them to do better in their future career.
Every candidate needs to know the overall procedures and stages for this Sasol Learnership programme:
- The first stage is for the candidates to send their application only one of these four disciplines: 1. Mechanical fitter, 2. Instrumentation, 3. Electrical 4. Process (Sasolburg).
- If you apply for learnership in Secunda, you can choose one of these seven disciplines: 1. Mechanical fitter, 2. Instrumentation, 3. Electrical, 4. Rigger, 5. Welder, 6. Turner, 7. Boilermaker, and 8. Process.
- The admission board will perform a shortlisting procedure
- After the shortlisted candidates are contacted, they will go through an interview session
- Along with the interview session, they will also go through fitness and medical assessment
- They will also have to go through security clearance and then qualification verification
- Then, the final selection stage will be done
Sasol Learnership Requirements
In order to qualify for this Sasol Learnership programme, there are general requirements that all candidates must meet:
- The candidates must be citizens of South Africa
- They must not have any criminal record or any pending charges
- They must be within the age range of 18 and 35 years of age
In terms of educational level, they must meet this requirement:
- The candidates must have completed the National Senior qualification (or the equivalent qualification). They must have a certificate with a pass in Physical or Technical Science SG/HG, Business English or English SG/HG, and Mathematics or Technical Mathematics SG/HG (For 1. Mechanical fitter, 2. Instrumentation, 3. Electrical, 4. Rigger, 5. Welder, 6. Turner, and 7. Boilermaker);
- Or they must have the combined N3 certificate that is equal to Grade 12 that includes Business English, Engineering Science, and Mathematics (For Process).
How to Apply
Application processing will take place digitally. Be advised that only SMS or mobi site application will be accepted – other methods won’t be considered. Candidates must go to https://mobi.txthire.com/jobs/sasol. They need to tap LEARNER to start the application process. Another method is to type the word LEARNER on the SMS and then send it to 37436. The process should take around 16 SMS, max, with a cost of R0.50 for each SMS.
Simply follow the procedure, including providing the supporting needed documents when necessary. Although the information isn’t clear, the supporting documents may include a certified copy of the South African ID document, certified copies of qualifications, a certified copy of the Matric certificate, and an updated CV. Be advised to provide all the required documents or the application would not be considered.
Candidates who want to learn more about the Sasol Learner Artisan programme can go to this link. Be advised to do the application process right away as a late submission for this Sasol Learnership programme will lead to the candidates’ applications being automatically disregarded and disqualified.
The closing date for Sasol Learner Artisan in Secunda and Sasolburg is 6 October.