Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
If you have always wanted to be a professional police officer in South Africa, you can consider joining JMPD learnership program that will train and educate you through the stages. The program aims at potential women and men that are willing to go through the difficult and challenging training programs so they can improve their skills and expertise that can be beneficial for their future career.
About the Program
JMPD is short for Johannesburg Metropolitan Police Department. As one of the government official organization and departments, they are always searching for potential and promising candidates that are willing to undergo training sessions to become professional police officers.
The candidates must have high sense of integrity and justice so they can join JMPD force to protect and serve Joburg residents. The recruitment is the first stage in public safety department’s way to go under the new administration. It doesn’t only enhance the visible police procedures but also to create and design jobs for unemployed women and men. If they are looking for a (meaningful) way to contribute or give back to society, this JMPD learnership program can be an ideal way.
JMPD is looking for many potential candidates – up to 1500 individuals – that are expected to deploy within certain areas and cities so that they can creative a more effective and tangible task force to curb crimes. In most cases, the programs last for 12 months although it is possible that different subjects will lead to different length of the programs.
In order to be qualified for the program (and the position), all interested candidates must pass the standard measurements set by the admission board. The general requirements for JMPD learnership program are:
- The candidates must be the citizens of South Africa that live in Johannesburg jurisdiction
- They must have a solid and legal ID document as the proof
- They must be between 18 and 35 years of age
- They must have a valid and legal senior certificate or Grade 12 certificate (equivalent to level 4 NQF)
- They must be proficient in English
- They must have a valid B manual code of Transmission driver license
- They must be mentally and physically fit
- They must be able to subject themselves to the certain and specific pre-training fitness test
- They must not have any criminal record
- They must not have any civil judgment that is related to corruption and fraud
- They must be ready to perform uniformed duties and be prepared to bring a firearm
- Women and disabled people are encouraged and given preference to apply
They are inviting brave women and men to answer the call of honor. They can become the member of the elite city’s law enforcement.
How to Apply
Detailed information about how to apply for the program can be obtained by sending an email to [email protected]. You can also call 082 875 6299 to get the detailed information.
Application can be sent along updated CVs to [email protected] or through fax to 086 618 0215. Certified copy of ID document, original residential proof, medical certificate, and certified copies of all qualifications or educational documents can be included with the application. If you want to hand deliver the documents, it should be handed to SD Recruitment, Randburg Garden Mall, 343 Kent Avenue, Randburg between 8 AM to 4 PM. There is no further info about the opening or closing date so candidates should check the official site regularly to know the details of JMPD learnership program.