Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Investec bursary is offered to determined and hard-working students who come from unfortunate backgrounds. Students want to continue their study to a higher degree but they don’t have the funds. Through the bursary, they can reach their dreams and gain a better career and also a better future.
About the Program
The bursary is provided by Investec through a yearly basis. Investec bursary is generally offered each year and it is offered in a full-bursary program. The financial assistance is given to applicants on their first year (in the university) or in the Grade 12.
Investec is working together with StudyTrust in providing the necessary funding to help potential youth. The idea is to see young and potential South Africans with academic achievement and potential go to the university. The selection for the bursary would be based on study programs, academic potential, and also financial needs.
Investec bursary is provided and made available for:
- University students or University of Technology that are taking a full-time study. They must have pass symbols in all subjects as well as studying the careers in demand by the labor requirements and market
- Full time students at Agricultural Colleges and FET (Further Education and Training)
Interested candidates must meet these general and basic requirements in order to qualify for this Investec bursary program. The requirements are:
- The candidates must be young citizens of South Africa that will be later proven by valid ID document
- They must be between 18 and 35 years of age
- They can show their academic potential and also in need of financial help
- The students are working to Matric exemption with at least 70% in Mathematics and English (not included Maths Literacy) and also at least 60% passing rate in other subjects.
- They must not have any criminal record
- They must have a true passion and commitment to complete the study in the best academic achievement
How to Apply
The interested candidates for the tertiary study must provide specific information about the study year, the educational institution name, and also the exact study program name. The candidates must understand the clear difference between study program University and University of Technology. Mistakes in this stage would lead to the application not being processed or being rejected.
When the candidates change the degree program after they have submitted the application form, it is possible that the bursary may be cancelled or rejected. For this moment, there are no bursaries offered for the private tertiary institution.
The application form can be downloaded through this link. Candidates must complete it and provide the supporting documents. The supporting documents may include:
- A certified copy of ID document
- A certified copy of Matric certificate
- Certified copies of qualifications or educational records or achievements
- A comprehensive CV
- An acceptance letter from the tertiary institution
- A written proof of parents’ or guardian’s income
- And other further documents that may be required later by the admission board.
If candidates want to learn more about the Investec bursary program, they need to visit the official website or go to the link above.