The Government Communication and Information System is now accepting applications from qualified and interested graduates to do internship and enhance their skills as well as knowledge. Several positions are open for the 2018/2019 financial year for a period of 12 months. If you are interested in this internship program at the Government Communication and Information System, read the detail for every directorate below.
This internship program at the Government Communication and Information System is available for candidates who have never participated in any internship program before. The qualified incumbents will be stationed in Hatfield, Pretoria. This program offers you a stipend that amounts to R 5000 for a 12 month contract. Below are the eligibility criteria for each available internship position you can apply:
- Media and Communication Monitoring (3/1/5/1-18/9)
This position falls within Policy and Research directorate. Candidates must at least hold a national diploma or 3 year degree in communications, media studies, journalism or any of its equivalent qualification that is recognized by SAQA. This position requires the candidates to have the following skills and knowledge:
- basic understanding of monitoring, planning and research tolls
- computer literacy including presentation, Microsoft writing, internet searches, use of database and electronic dissemination of products
- critical thinking and problem solving
- ability to work in a team and independently
- ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- good written and verbal communication skills
- Cluster Coordination and Campaign Management (3/1/5/1-18/10)
This position falls under the Cluster Communication – social sector and Governance & Administration Clusters directorate. Applicants are required to have national diploma or 3 year degree in Communications, Public Administration, Public Relations, Project Management or Journalism as recognized by SAQA. It is important that applicants possess the following skills and knowledge:
- Computer literacy
- Good interpersonal skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Proactiveness with an ability to work independently
- Ability to apply a sense of urgency in finishing assigned tasks
- Fair understanding of government communication system and project management
- Innovative and solution orientated
- Creative and analytical
- Ability to work in a team and under pressure
How to Apply
Please forward your application if interested before August 3rd 2018 quoting the reference number for the position you are applying for in your application form.
Your application must include:
- Z83 application form
- Certified copies of ID documents and qualifications
- SAQA evaluated results of foreign qualifications (if any)
- Graphic Design candidates are required to submit a portfolio via email or on a compact disc to [email protected]. The file shouldn’t be bigger than 3 MB.
- Broadcast Journalist candidates should submit a portfolio of evidence on a DVD or flash drive and the shortlisted applicants will undergo a practical test.
Forward your application to: Tshedimosetso House, 1035 Cnr Francis Baard & Festival streets, Hatfield, Pretoria. Or submit it via post to: The DG of Government Communication and Information System, Private Bag X 745, Pretoria 0001
Your application for the internship program at the Government Communication and Information System might be unsuccessful if you haven’t been notified within 3 months after the closing date.