Students who are currently in Matric or have completed Matric are welcomed to apply for the Harmony Bursary program for South African Students. This funding provides financial support for students from communities surrounding the company’s operations. The bursary is open for various fields of study, so apply today!
Harmony is a South African gold mining and exploration company established in 1950. It is one of the largest gold mining organisations in the world. It was once lease-bound mining operation. However, it expanded into a world-class producer of gold and as of now it has one open-pit operation, 9 underground mines in South Africa and numerous surface sources. It also has gold mine and open-pit silver in Papua New Guinea. The Harmony Bursary program for South African Students is aimed to support students from communities surrounding the company’s operations. The bursaries are open to students in various fields of study, depending on the company’s future labour requirements. Upon graduation, students will be required to take up work at Harmony for the same amount of time period as the bursary awarded to them.
Students must fulfil the following entrance requirements in order to be eligible.
- South African citizen
- Must be current Matric student or have completed Matric
- Have been accepted or studying to study full-time at a recognised tertiary institution in South Africa
- Must not currently be a recipient of any other funding or sponsorship
- Must be in financial need
- Engineering students must have achieved at least:
- 70% (rating level 6) for Maths (not mathematical literacy) and Science and 60% (level 6) for English
- Students in general must have achieved at least 60% (level 6 rating) for Science, English and Maths (not Mathematical literacy)
How to Apply
During your registration, you must submit copies of these important documents. Note that, the submission of these documents is mandatory. Any single missing items will result in your application being disqualified.
- Certified copy of ID document
- Certified copy of grade 11 final result as well as matric 12 mid-year results for current matric students
- Matric certificate as well as full academic transcript for current tertiary students
- Evidence of acceptance to study at a tertiary institution
- Employment record of service/testimonial if applicable
Applications must be done no later than August 31st 2018. Late applications will not be taken into consideration. Therefore, it is your responsibility to make sure your application is submitted before the closing date.
Should you have any queries regarding this bursary program, you can contact the Harmony company directly:
Contact person: the Bursary Administrator (Evelyn Moalosi)
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 011 057 910 6621
Correspondence for the Harmony Bursary program for South African Students will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. If you haven’t been contacted within 21 days after the closing date, please take it to mean your application being unsuccessful. Shortlisted candidates will be subjected to an interview at the Harmony office in Gauteng, Randfontein, or in Welkom, Free State.