Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
The Department of Health within the Western Cape provincial administration is now looking for a suitable candidate to fill in the vacant Handyman position. This job is available for Electrical and the successful incumbent will work within the Engineering and Technical Services directorate. He/she will be placed at Bellville Mobile workshop. If you think you have what it takes to qualify for the position, then the Handyman vacancy at Bellville Mobile Workshop may be just for you.
The future qualified candidate will be entitled to a salary amounting to R 136 800 per year. In order to be eligible for the position, all interested candidates are required to be in possession of at least basic literacy and numeracy skills. No Senior Certificate is mandatory in this case. However, applicants are also required to have appropriate experience of repairs and maintenance of electrical components to further support their eligibility. It is compulsory that all candidates are in possession of a valid driver’s license.
Other inherent requirements needed for the Handyman vacancy at Bellville Mobile Workshop are as follows:
- Ability to use and operate required equipment and tools safely and skilfully
- Ability to render heavy physical labour
- Conversant with the requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety and Machinery Acts
Once you are qualified for the job, you will then be required to perform the following tasks. This is not a completed list and you may or may not be needed to render other tasks not mentioned in this post.
- Be responsible for performing standby duties
- Be responsible for carrying out minor repairs and maintenance of electrical components and fixtures
- Be responsible for assisting with emergency breakdowns and repairs, including after-hours repairs
- Be responsible for helping with the requisitioning and control of parts and material
- Be responsible for cleaning areas where work has been rendered
- Be responsible for ensuring that all materials and tools are available before beginning any tasks
- Be responsible for assisting the artisan Cadre in the execution of their respective duties
Please direct your application no later than April 18, 2019 via post to: The Director: People Practices and Administration, Department of Health, PO Box 2060, Cape Town, 8000
For attention: Ms C Dawood
Include the following documents within your application:
- Z83 application form
- A CV
- Original certified copy of ID, qualifications if any and a valid driver’s license
The employing department will never require you to make any kind of payment when applying for this post. Applicants will be asked to attend selection interviews on a time and date as determined by the hiring department. Excess personnel will be given priority.
The Department of Health will rely on the Employment Equity Plan when filling out the Handyman vacancy at Bellville Mobile Workshop and intend to promote fair treatment and equal opportunities. Thus, ensure that unfair discrimination will be eliminated when choosing the qualified candidate.
In case you need further details related to this vacancy, please forward your questions to: Mr L Semone Tel No: (021) 830-3770