The Western Cape Government is now hiring a suitable candidate to fill in the Groundsman vacancy at Department of Agriculture. The incumbent’s line of work will revolve around Animal Health working environment (Beaufort West). Use this reference number (AGR 2018- 55) should you be interested to apply!
This job offers a level two salary that has a total amount of R 96 549 per annum. Candidates are not required to hold a high school diploma/Grade 12 certificate. The Department of Agriculture is looking for someone who has the ability to write and read (Adult Basic Education and Training). Furthermore, the Groundsman vacancy at Department of Agriculture also recommends candidates to have a valid code B driving license. Applicants are required to be able to work in a team and independently. Other competencies required for this position are as follows:
- Ability to work precisely
- Ability to work adequately
- Good communication skills in two or three of the official languages in the Western Cape
- Willingness to render work outside in all kinds of weather
Once you’re qualified for the position, below are the duties that will be assigned to you:
- Be responsible for gardening, cleaning and maintenance service of the building
- Be responsible for providing good maintenance of gardening and store supplies
- Be responsible for providing good maintenance service of the incinerator
- Be responsible for providing assistance to the admin clerk and Animal Health when needed
- Be responsible for providing good maintenance service of post mortem rooms
- Be responsible for collecting of post at post office when the admin clerk is absent
- Render assistance with the packaging and sending of residue samples to the lab
How to Submit an Application
Interested applicants are advised to submit their applications as soon as possible and no later than October 29, 2018. Submissions received after the deadline will not be taken into consideration during the selection process.
To apply for the Groundsman vacancy at Department of Agriculture, candidates must submit a manual application containing:
- Z 83 application form (quote the reference number here). Please make a clear indication of the position you are applying for here as well.
- An updated CV that shouldn’t exceed 5 pages
- Certified copies of academic qualification, ID as well as proof of relevant requirements that would help strengthen your appeal as a candidate
Forward the application via post to: PO Box 5496, Tyger Valley Centre Parking Area, Bellville, 7536
Or, you are allowed to hand deliver it to: Affirmative Portfolios, Unit 14, 1st floor, 3 Canal Edge, Tyger Waterfront, Carl Cronje Drive, Bellville, 7530
Emailed, faxed, late and incomplete application will not be regarded. Ergo, please double check the comprehensiveness of your application prior to submitting it.
Kindly note that the hiring department will give preference for applications from relevant local communities.
In case you have queries, please forward them to: Dr J Pienaar at (023) 414 2154
If you haven’t received any notifications from the department of agriculture in three weeks after the deadline, please consider your application to be unsuccessful.