The Government Technical Advisory Centre (GTAC) is now looking for a qualified candidate to fill the GMS IT System Specialist position. Anyone with a grade 12 certificate and an appropriate qualification in ICT/computer science/business system is eligible to apply. The GMS IT System Specialist vacancy at the Government Technical Advisory Centre is offering a 3 year contract. Scroll down if interested!
This position offers a level 11 salary ranging from R 697 011 to R 821 052 per annum. This is an all-inclusive package. The successful incumbent will be stationed at Pretoria. In order to be qualified, candidates must hold Grade 12 certificate as well as qualification in ICT/Business systems/computer science. It can be a NQF level 7 or degree qualification or its equivalent. Should you have a postgraduate degree in IT, it would be ideal. Candidates are also required to have at least 3 to 5 year prior experience in Systems Development and Administration.
the successful incumbent of the GMS IT System Specialist vacancy at the Government Technical Advisory Centre should possess the following skills and knowledge:
- Good working knowledge of information governance as well as its application in ICT
- Advanced MS access and excel skills
- Understanding and knowledge of GIS of the grant funding reforms initiatives in government
- Experience and knowledge in funding options for unemployment programs and initiatives
- Experience in project scheduling, resource management and grant allocation
- Understanding of the government related grant funding reforms initiatives
Below are some of the duties you can expect to perform if you are qualified:
- Assist with the implementation, development and review of a GMS strategy for the jobs fund
- Evaluate and monitor the business contingency plan in respect of GMS research, services and development of effective technology to improve JF working processes
- Testing timeframes
- Reduce development
- Monitor and support changes to the grant management system
- Review and develop standard operating procedures concerning the GMS unit
- Develop datasets and gather information templates for by stakeholders as needed
- Generate statistical data for analyses in the dissemination of information to stakeholders
- Supervise the system compliance and conform to the requirements of stakeholders
- Conduct data integrity checks on the GMS through the whole project life cycle
- Develop a GMS governance manual to give oversight of the jobs fund’s system and relevant procedures
- Supervise development and support request logs and conform to the requirements of stakeholders
How to Apply
Applications should be forwarded via email to [email protected]
Alternatively, candidates can hand deliver it to the National Treasury Reception desk at 240 Madiba Street, Pretoria.
Make sure the file you email do not exceed 4 MB. Numerous emails can be sent with attachments.
The closing date for the GMS IT System Specialist vacancy at the Government Technical Advisory Centre is on August 10th 2018.
Your application must include:
- Z83 form quoting the reference number of this advert G015/2018. The form is obtainable here
- Original certified copies of ID document and qualification
- Latest salary advice
Shortlisted candidates will be subjected to a panel interview on date determined by the GTAC.
If you haven’t received any feedback within one month after the closing date, please consider your application to be unsuccessful.