Students who have the passion and the interest in engineering or humanities can think about joining General Electric bursary program. The program is designed to help potential and ideal candidates to achieve their dream in continuing their study to a higher degree and a higher level. The bursary is expected to help student pave a better future.
About the Program
GE or General Electric was first established in 1892 and it has become a multinational American corporation. It is one of the biggest and also most diversified companies in the world. With the headquarter in Boston, they have established subsidiaries subjects in Capital, Power, Lighting, Renewable Energy, Aviation, Global Research, Healthcare, Ventures, and Digital. South African GE is one of the first office opened overseas outside of the USA. With the headquarter in Johannesburg, they have more than 600 employees in the company’s key sectors.
General Electric bursary program is designed to help students, especially the ones with excellent academic achievement. The bursary is given to students taking these subjects: Humanities, Engineering, Social Sciences, Commerce, and Health Sciences. The bursary covers expenses like stipend, accommodation, prescribed textbooks, and tuition fees.
All bursary programs have their own standard to screen potential and promising candidates. They at least must meet the requirements set up by the admission board. The general requirements for this program are:
- The candidates must be the citizens of South Africa
- They must have completed Grade 12 or Matric
- They are currently studying (or have the intention to study) a full-time subject within the already mentioned study field
- They must be studying or having the intention to study at a reputable and recognized tertiary institution in South Africa
- They must show the proven financial need
- They must achieve the minimum overall average achievement of 60% in the current study
- They aren’t taking other financial funding from other institutions
How to Apply
Interested candidates need to download the application form and then complete it. When they submit the form, they need to include the supporting documents, consisting of:
- A certified copy of ID document
- A certified copy of Matric certificate
- A certified copy of the full academic record for the students currently at the tertiary level
- An acceptance letter or a confirmation of registration on the university letterhead
- The proof of the household income of the guardians or parents. It can be the payslip for the employed or the affidavit for the unemployed. It can also be the SASSA letter if they are pension
Submission must be done electronically through the email at [email protected]. Don’t forget to write ‘General Electric Bursary Application – Your (full) Name’ on the subject line of the email. Please be advised that your application may be ignored or rejected if you fail to follow the simple instruction about the email subject.
The deadline is on November 30th 2019. Please submit the application on time or your application won’t be considered. If you still have further questions about General Electric bursary program, you should contact Tsietsi Madileng at [email protected].