Eskom is an industry runs is energy to deliver to millions of users worldwide. The company itself has hundreds of professionals who want to bring an impact for both the economy and the environment of South Africa. Eskom is offering some Eskom vacancies at the moment in the position of plant operator.
As Eskom has dynamic and fast pace environment, this position needs someone who are enthusiastic to challenges. They must have their potential skills to make sure that the company is going to approach bigger goals. If you are curious more about the recruitment, you can read the complete information below.
Table of Contents
Position: Plant operator
Location: Hendrina Power Station, Pullenshope, Mpumalanga
Reference number: GX Hen DP 02
Generally, working as a plant operator will require you to have these main duties to handle from time to time.
· Operating an allocated plant
· Overseeing all projects and staffs related to duties
· Forming part of the fire and rescuing team when accident happens
· Operating plant in accordance with laid down procedures and instructions
Moreover, in order to be a plant operator there are some requirements for all applicants to fulfill.
· Having the minimum of NQF 1 or ABET 4 (IEB) internal qualifications is a must
· Having Grade 12 or N3 with Maths and Science plus NQF 1 National Certificate Power Plant Auxiliary Systems Operation is compulsory
· The applicants must have the minimum of one year working experience as learner plant operator
· Having communication skills and leadership skills is necessary
· Having computer literacy is obligatory
· All applicants must have appropriate knowledge of process of plant operating
· Having the competency and skills to operate one plant is a must
· The applicants must be able to show the principles of honesty and integrity
· Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Meanwhile, after fulfilling all the requirements mentioned above, some documents are also compulsory for the applicants to provide. These documents include these followings.
· A comprehensive CV
· A copy of identity document
· Certified copies of qualifications
· Certified copies of academic reports
· A copy of driver’s license when necessary
What’s more, there are some steps in applying for the job. First, you can register yourself at this link. You have to fill it by using your email address and your password before being able to proceed the registration.
Second, there will be a page where you have to fill all the information related to your personal information, contact details, qualifications, and also education. Moreover, you have to submit the previous documents to facilitate the company in considering whether or not you are the suitable candidate for the company.
Thus, unless you hear anything from the company 28 days after the closing date, please consider that your application is unsuccessful.
Further, when you are searching for further information, you can visit www.eskom.co.za. What’s more, there you will find a lot of information about the company and the recruitment itself.