For some people, having no experience seems to create obstacles especially when finding a job. As most companies search for the experienced candidates, it is harder for people without experience to find a decent job. However, Department of Water and Sanitation is currently offering some vacancies for those who have no experience. Therefore, these Department of Water and Sanitation vacancies are available in some locations in South Africa.
Consequently, in the following, there will be all information that you will need when you wish to apply for the job below. Do not forget to complete all the requirements and the documents needed.
Table of Contents
Recruiter: Department of Water and Sanitation
Location: Craigieburn Dam
Salary: R102 534 per annum (level 02)
Reference number: 230421/34
In addition, a groundsman has some duties and responsibilities to handle from time to time, as follows.
- Being responsible for the overall dam maintenance
- Cleaning and maintaining grounds and repairing tools and structure such as buildings and fencing
- Using hand tools and power tools
- Sweeping parking lots, sashing floors, and walkways
- Cleaning windows
- Irrigating plants and lawns
- Mixing spray of spreading fertilizers, insecticides onto the grass, trees, and shrubs
- Providing proper upkeep of the driveway, sideways, and other related ground features
- Maintaining existing grounds or gardens by planting and caring sod and trees
- Taking and mulching leaves
- Assisting with maintenance duties from time to time
- Adhering to all OHS Acts
Moreover, in order to be a groundsman, all applicants must have these following requirements to make themselves eligible for the position.
- Having an ABET certificate is a must
- Having no working experience is acceptable
- The applicants must have appropriate knowledge of gardening and appliances
- Having the knowledge of pruning, trimming, and understanding of techniques processes is compulsory
- Having the knowledge of chemical use, chemical products, and also daily maintenance procedures for efficient machine is obligatory
- Besides, the applicants must have comprehended the knowledge of water resources strategy, health and safety procedures, and garden maintenance
- Those who reside within or around the designated area will get preferences
Furthermore, it is also an obligatory for all applicants to complete these following documents as a part of their requirement for the application.
- A newly implemented Z83 form
- A comprehensive CV
- Copies of qualifications
- Identity document
- SAQA evaluation for foreign qualifications
These documents have to be submitted in an email in the format of PDF which is not larger than 10 MB. Thus, do not forget to mention the reference number of the post that you are applying for.
However, incomplete and late accepted applications will cause your applications get automatic dismissal. Besides, applications which do not comply with previous requirement will also get disqualifications. The applicants can send the documents to [email protected] for attention Ms. T Sindane.
Moreover, had you any queries about the Department of Water and Sanitation vacancies, you can call Ms. S Mathonsi at (033) 239 1900.
Finally, the applications will be acceptable before 23 April 2021.