Unemployed youth who are interested in logistics and transports and they want to gain both theoretical knowledge and practical experience, can always think about joining DSV Learnership program that will bring a lot of benefits to them. Through this full-time program, candidates are expected to stay committed to it as well as having a solid determination to complete it with a successful outcome.
Table of Contents
About the Program
DSV is a company focusing on Global Transport and Logistics. They have gained UTi worldwide and they have operated in 6 different continents, covering 80 different countries. Through their facilities and offices, they have run and provided supply chain solution and also commitment for thousands of companies every day. They have a unique approach where they are operating globally and yet they have a local presence, making them close to their customers.
As a part of their commitment to the society as well as they way to give back, they are offering the learnership opportunity to those who have the passion and dedication to learn in a direct professional environment. Not only they are offering a learning opportunity through their theoretical session, but they are also providing the chance to have a direct practical approach to the candidates. Through the DSV Learnership program, they are prioritizing the disabilities and those coming from disadvantageous background to join the program.
The program itself will last for a year (12 months) and it is a full-time program. Candidates would be placed on the Distribution Centers or Warehouses that are always packed and busy. It is expected that candidates will get a valuable experience while getting involved in the program directly. By the time they have completed the program, they will get a Nationally recognized qualification as well as the improved qualification and skills.
The offered subjects are:
- Project Management
- Freight Forwarding and Custom Clearing
- Supply Chain Management
- Freight Handling (Logistics and Warehousing)
- Business Administration
The placement of the candidates can be various, depending on the demands and the years of the program. It is possible that they will be placed in Gauteng area only, but it is also possible that they may be stationed in other areas in another year. Successful candidates will get an NC (National Certificate) or FECT (Further Education and Training Certificate) once they have completed the program.
- The candidates must be the citizens of South Africa – and should be proven by valid ID document
- They must have completed Grade 12 or the equivalent qualification – or at least they are in the Matric
- They must have Matric certificate
- They must not have a criminal record
- They must be dedicated and determined to complete the program as best as they can
- They must be willing to work for full time within 12 months
- Be advised that preferences and priority would be given to African females and males
How to Apply
Candidates who want to take part in the program need to send their application letter along with the supporting documents, consisting of:
- A comprehensive and updated CV
- A certified copy of ID document
- A certified copy of Matric certificate or the latest academic record or results
- Certified copies of qualifications
Interested candidates are welcomed to check the official website at to learn more about this DSV Internship program.