Applications are now invited for the Driver (heavy vehicle) vacancy at Department Printing Works. The future incumbent will be stationed in Pretoria. Please include the reference number of this post within your application form if interested, GPW 19/10.
Table of Contents
The future incumbent will be entitled to a level five salary which is worth R 163 563 per annum. In order to be eligible for the position, candidates must hold at least Grade 10 or equivalent qualifications with at least 1 to 2 years of previous truck driving experience. Furthermore, it is also necessary that candidates be in possession of a valid code 10 driving license with PDP. Should you have experience in operating a fork lift then it would be an added advantage.
The Driver (heavy vehicle) vacancy at Department Printing Works requires candidates to have the following competencies and skills:
- Knowledge of stock management
- Knowledge of distribution of goods and customer service
- Willingness to work irregular hours
Key Performance Areas:
- Responsible for driving heavy vehicles delivery vans as well as light vehicles
- Responsible for delivering and collecting printed matter and related items to and from customers
- Responsible for assisting with loading and off of items
- Responsible for driving department’s official internal and external clients along with official visitors as may be needed
- Responsible for complying with all traffic regulations such as speed limits
- Responsible for complying with control requirements related to the department’s fleet vehicles
- Responsible for rendering routine maintenance as well as garaging of the vehicles
How and When to Apply
The Government Printing Works is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. The filing of this post is intended to promote representivity in the work place. Therefore, candidature of persons whose promotion, appointment or transfer will promote representivity will be given preference.
Applications for the Driver (heavy vehicle) vacancy at Department Printing Works must be directed no later than March 4, 2019 at 12 PM by hand delivery to: The Branch: Human Resources, Government Printing Works, 149 Bosman Street, Pretoria
Or, submit it via post to: Private Bag X85, Pretoria, 0001
For attention: Ms M Mbokane, Human Resources Tel No: 012 748 6296
Your application must contain:
- Z83 application form which is available online here and at any Public Service Departments. The form must be completed in full and page 2 duly signed. There must also be clear indication of the post and reference number you are applying for
- A CV that must specify all experience and qualifications with respective dates
- Original certified copies of ID, a valid driver’s license and qualifications
- A SAQA evaluation result of foreign qualifications if any
- A certified copy of permanent residence permit for non-SA applicants
The hiring department holds the right not to make any appointment if deemed necessary. All shortlisted applicants will be required to be available to attend selection interviews on a time and date as determined by the Government Printing Works.
Applications submitted after the stipulated deadline or incomplete will not be regarded. If you haven’t received a response from the employing department in three months after the closing date has passed, take it to mean your application as unsuccessful.
For more information, please contact: Mr V Manganye Tel No: (012) 748 – 6131.