The Department of Public Works and Infrastructure (DPW) has intended to promote the representativity in the Public Service through providing these posts. Currently, the available post to apply for is the position of a cleaner. There are a lot of posts to fill in different areas in South Africa. Thus, you can consider applying for these jobs when you have some interests in it.
Table of Contents
Recruiter: Department of Public Works and Infrastructure
Location & Reference Number:
|Durban Regional Office||2021/165|
|Johannesburg Regional Office||2021/166|
|Nelspruit Regional Office||2021/167|
Salary: R102 534 per annum
In addition, the applicants will be dealing with these following duties and responsibilities during the work duration, as follows.
- Cleaning toilets, basins, and also wall tiles
- Emptying and also washing the dustbins
- Sweeping passages, office floors, floors, court yard, parking area, and also the pavements
- Scrubbing, mopping, and also polishing floors
- Cleaning windows, doors, and also walls
- Dusting and polishing furniture
Moreover, it has been an obligation for all applicants to complete these minimum requirements for DPW cleaner vacancies.
- All applicants must have the minimum of Junior Certificate, ABET, or the equivalent qualifications (Durban Regional Office)
- On the other hand, the applicants must have the qualifications of Grade 10 or standard 8, level 3, or equivalent
- Having good interpersonal skills, basic communication skills, and literacy skills is obligatory
- All applicants must have the ability to perform cleaning routine tasks
- Besides, understanding the knowledge of cleaning material and also equipment will be a plus
Furthermore, having completed the requirements only does not guarantee that you will get the job unless you also complete these following documents.
- The new Z83 application form
- A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Certified copies of qualifications (Matric certificate)
- A valid driver’s license (when necessary)
- An identity document
- SAQA qualifications for foreign qualifications
For applying, there are some different addresses to deliver your documents, as seen in the following.
- For Durban Regional Office, these documents can be sent to The Regional Manager, Department of Public Works, Private Bag X54315, Durban, 4000, for attention Ms. NS Nxumalo
- When you wish to apply for the Johannesburg Regional Office, you can send the documents to The Regional Manager, Department of Public Works, Private Bag X3 Braamfontein, 2017. Alternatively, they can hand deliver to no 78 Cnr De Beer and Korte, Braamfontein, 2017, for attention: Mr. M Mudau
- Lastly, for any applications to Nelspruit Regional Office, they can send those documents to The Regional Manager, Department of Public Works, Private Bag X11280, Nelspruit, 1200. For the physical address, any documents will be acceptable to deliver to 30 Brown Street, Nedbank Building, 9th Floor, Nelspruit, 1200, for attention: Mr. E Nguyuza
Further, if you have any enquiries related to the DPW cleaner vacancies, you can contact these following numbers.
|Durban Regional Office||Mr. S Ngcobo at (031) 314 7176|
|Johannesburg Regional Office||Mr. K Muthivheli at (011) 713 6097|
|Nelspruit Regional Office||Mr. EJ Mkhari at (013) 753 6347|
Finally, the closing date of these DPW cleaner vacancies will be on 2 July 2021 at 16H00.