Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
If you have always wanted to dwell further into transportation industry, you can make use of this opportunity to take part in Department of Transport Internship program. It is an annual program created and designed to help the unemployed graduates to experience professional working setting as well as gaining valuable experience along the way.
About the Program
The Department of Transport is offering a program (generally running on a yearly basis) for unemployed graduates with the right qualification to get valuable experience in working and professional area. This Department of Transport Internship program aims to help the candidates with appropriate National Diploma or Degree (only for NQF 6 and above). Those with NQF 5 qualifications are still allowed to apply but they are only accepted for Transportation Management, Logistics, and Fleet Management. The program itself lasts for 24 months.
- The candidates must be South African citizens between the age of 18 and 35 years
- They must come from historically disadvantaged background
- They must be unemployed
- They must understand basic computer (including Microsoft packages) and they should be computer literate
- They must have the interest, dedication, and determination to work with the specialized fields. They must also show their willingness to work, perform, and excel in the fields.
- The Department of Transport won’t be responsible for any expenses during the screening process. The successful candidates would be responsible for their own accommodation and transportation during the screening process and ALSO during the internship program.
- Email or faxed applications won’t be considered and immediately ignored.
- The non-RSA citizens or the holder of Permanent Resident Permit must include a copy of their permit along with the application. They also need to have SAQA (South African Qualification Authority) evaluation. Attaching the proof with the application is required
- Successful candidates will get a monthly stipend from the Department
How to Apply
All candidates must get the application form (they can download it at www.kzntransport.gov.za or obtain it from the Regional Offices or the Head Office of Department of Transport). They must state the field of occupation and the placement area, for instance, Cost Center Management Metro: HRM. When they send the application, they should include these supporting documents:
- An original certified copy of Matric certificate
- An original certified copy of Identity document
- An original certified copy of Tertiary qualifications
- A comprehensive CV with (traceable) contact details
- An original statement of result
- An original letter (from the institution) confirming completion
- The candidates must also attach a legal signed affidavit (from a Commissioner of Oaths) indicating that they are unemployed and they also have never taken part in any internship program. Be advised that if you have participated in government department’s internship program, your application won’t be considered
They also must submit SAP91 form from the South African Police Services. This is a crucial document – any failure in submitting the required documents would lead to the applications being ignored and rejected.
It is unclear about the opening date and the deadline although the general deadline is on October the 31st. If you are truly interested, you should have a regular check to the official website for the next Department of Transport Internship program.