The Department of Justice and Constitutional Development is proud to invite applications for the Court Interpreter vacancy at Moretele Magistrate Court. This job position is open for application until October 12 and persons with at least a senior certificate are eligible to apply. If this field is where your passion lies then apply today!
Please quote the reference number of the Court Interpreter vacancy at Moretele Magistrate Court within the application form. It is 18/VA09/NW. the form is attainable from any Public Service Departments. This position offers a salary amounting from R 163 563 to R 192 666 every year. The future qualified incumbent will also be needed to sign a performance agreement. A grade 12 or senior certificate is required to serve as the minimum eligibility requirement. However, any other relevant qualification will do just fine. This requirement should be accompanied by at least 3 months of experience in the relevant field. It is not mandatory but will definitely serve as a bonus point.
Candidates will be required to undergo a language test. It is expected that applicants have proficiency in the following languages for it would serve as an added advantage: English, Setswana, isiZulu and Sepedi; Tshivenda, Sesotho as well as Xitsonga. Candidates who can interpret in foreign and /or sign language will be given preference as well.
Required skills and competencies
- Good verbal and written communication ability
- Computer literacy, especially MS Office
- Good interpersonal relations
- Ability to solve problems and work under pressure
- Good customer service
- Ability to do filling and document management
- Conduct various routine administrative tasks relevant to the activities of the core functions within the hiring department in the following sessions
- Translate exhibits and legal documents
- Interpret in civil court, criminal court, quasi proceedings, and labour court
- Interpret during consultation
- Record cases in criminal record book
- Handle arrangements for foreign language interpreters as stipulated by the magistrate prosecutors
- Draw case records upon request of magistrate prosecutors
The closing date for the Court Interpreter vacancy at Moretele Magistrate Court is on October 12, 2018 and applications will continue to be accepted until the stipulated deadline. Interested applicants must submit their application by attaching the following important documents:
- Z83 application form quoting the aforementioned reference number
- A comprehensive and detailed curriculum vitae
- Original certified copies of ID document, educational and relevant qualifications as well as driver’s license only if applicable
- A SAQA evaluation report for applicants who are in possession of foreign qualifications
- Police clearance certificate for candidates who are in possession of dual or foreigners citizenship
Please forward your application via post to:The Regional Head, Private Bag X2033, Mmabatho, 2735
Alternatively, hand deliver it physically at: 22 Molopo Road, Ayob Gardens, and Mafikeng.
Persons with disabilities will receive reasonable accommodation. Note that, correspondence for this vacancy will be limited to applicants who are shortlisted only. If you have not heard from the hiring department in the span of 3 months after the deadline, it means your application was unsuccessful.
For further information on the vacancy, please refer to: Ms L Shoai at (018) 397 7054