Several positions are open for applications for Court Interpreter vacancies at Molopo Magistrate Court. Applicants are only required to hold a senior certificate as the minimum requirement and no prior experience is mandatory. If you think you are qualified, apply today!
The qualified candidates will receive salary ranging from R 163 563 up to R 192 666 per annum. Furthermore, they will also be needed to sign a performance agreement. Applicants must hold at least a grade 12 certificate or any of its equivalent qualification in order to be eligible. Although previous experience is no mandatory for the Court Interpreter vacancies at Molopo Magistrate Court but if you have at least three months relevant experience it will be an added advantage. Applicants will also be subjected to a language test. Furthermore, if you have the ability to interpret in foreign language or sign language, it will be a major bonus point as well. Therefore, it is also will serve as a bonus if you have proficiency in the following languages:
- Setswana English
- Isixhosa or Isizulu
The future successful incumbents are those who have the following competencies and skills:
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literacy (MS office)
- Ability to solve problems
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good interpersonal relations
- Customer service
- Ability to render filling and document management
- Conduct a variety of routine administrative assignments relevant to the activities of the core functions of the department in the next sessions
- Interpret in civil court, criminal court, quasi proceedings and labour court
- Translate exhibits and legal documents
- Interpret during consultation
- Record cases in criminal record book
- Process arrangements for foreign language interpreters in consultation with the prosecutors
- Draw case records upon request of magistrate prosecutors
Interested applicants must submit their applications by attaching the following documents:
- Z83 application form, on which the reference number of this post must be quoted (18/VA07/NW)
- A CV
- Original certified copy of academic and all relevant qualifications
- Certified copy of driver’s license (if applicable) and ID document
- A SAQA evaluated results of foreign languages (if any)
Submit your application to:
The Regional Head, Private Bag X2033, Mmabatho, 2735
Or, hand deliver it to:
22 Molopo Road, Ayob Gardens, Mafikeng
The Molopo Magistrate Court will continue accepting applications until October 12, 2018.
Casual interpreters and all previous contract employees of the Department of Justice and Constitutional Development are encouraged to apply for the Court Interpreter vacancies at Molopo Magistrate Court.
Submissions that do not conform to the aforementioned requirements will not be regarded. All applicants must complete a financial disclosure along with being subjected to a competency and technical assessment. All candidates who have dual citizenship or are foreigners must attach the police clearance certificate issued from their respective country of origin. If you have not been contacted from the Court within 3 months after the deadline of this advert, please take it to mean your application to be unsuccessful.
For further information about the position, please refer to: Ms. L Shoai at (018) 397 7054