Two positions for Court Interpreter are now open for application. The Department of Justice and Constitutional Development is hiring suitable applicants to be stationed at Magistrate Offices located in Richmond and Kimberley. If you’ve got the right qualifications then apply for the Court Interpreter vacancies at Magistrate Offices before September 21!
Table of Contents
Both positions offer a salary that amounts from R 163 563 up to R 192 666 annually. Furthermore, the successful candidates will also be needed to sign a performance agreement. You will need to mention the reference number of the Magistrate Office centre that you are applying for within your application form.
The minimum educational qualification for this position is Grade 12 or NQF level 4 or any of its equivalent. If you happen to have at least 3 months of practical experience then it will serve as an added advantage. The Court Interpreter vacancies at Magistrate Offices require you to have proficiency in English language and you will be subjected to a language test. Additionally, it will also be a bonus point if you are in possession of a valid driver’s license.
Compulsory: Tswana, Afrikaans, English and Xhosa
Recommendations: Sotho, Tshonga, Sepedi, isiZulu and Tshivenda
A successful candidate is one who possesses the following skills:
- Computer literacy (MS office)
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Organisational and administration skills
- Ability to maintain interpersonal relations
- Attention to details and accuracy
Once you are qualified for the job, below are some of the responsibilities you will be involved in:
- Interpret in Civil Court, Criminal Court, quasi-judicial proceedings and Labour Court
- Interpret during consultation
- Translate exhibits and legal documents
- Record cases in criminal record boo
- Draw case records upon request of the Prosecutors and Magistrate
- Maintain records of statistics
Your application must include:
- Z 83 application form. Please quote the relevant reference number here
- A comprehensive CV
- Original certified copy of ID document, relevant qualifications and driver’s license
- SAQA evaluated results of foreign qualifications if any
Submit your application physically to: New Public Buildings, (Magistrates Court) of Knight and Stead Streets, 7th floor, Kimberley, 8301
Or, via post to: The Regional Head: Justice and Constitutional Development, Private Bag X6106, Kimberley, 8300
The closing date for both vacancies are on September 21, 2018 and no late nor incomplete application will be taken into consideration. No emailed or faxed submission will be regarded either.
Correspondence for this call will be limited to applicants who are shortlisted only. If you do not hear anything from the hiring department in 3 months after the deadline of this advert, please regard your application as unsuccessful. Candidates who have been declared shortlisted will be required to fill out a financial disclosure form as well as be asked to go through a security clearance.
If you happen to be a foreigner or individual with dual citizenship then it is compulsory that you provide the Police Clearance certificate form country of origin.
Should you need further information concerning the Court Interpreter vacancies at Magistrate Offices, please refer to: Mr. R. Muller ( 053 802 1300)