About Department of Correctional Services
Department of Correctional Services (DCS) is a department that has a task to manage every citizens who have a problem with country law and become a prisoner. In other words, this department has some duties to deals with the detention, juries, law, prisoners as well as other process related to security and safety.
If you don’t have any backgrounds of law education, then there are other professions like court officers and correctional officers. A correctional officer has a task related to supervising, inspecting, and enforcing rules in the jails.
Every South Africans who are interested to get experiences in correctional officers jobs can apply DCS Correctional Services Learnership. If you think you have the qualifications and you meet all the standard requirements, you can always head to the official site and apply for the DCS Correctional Services Learnership programme.
Correctional Services Learnership Requirements
All learners have their own standard of skills and quality measurements, including this one. The general requirements for this DCS Correctional Services Learnership programme are:
- Candidates should be the citizen of South Africa – and they have a valid ID document as the proof;
- They have an NCV or Grade 12 certificate at NQF level 4;
- They are able to show the acceptance proof or documentation from the registered learning institution;
- They should be in the age of 21 and also 35 years.
Be advised that it is possible that further requirements would be asked from the participants – depending on the screening board in wanting to know the details of the candidates. All candidates are expected to be able to meet those requirements.
Correctional Services Learnership Benefits
Here are some benefits you will get during the learnerships:
- The learners will receive monthly stipend around R3500.00 for 12 months;
- The learners will get some accommodations, learnership uniforms, daily meals, as well as required materials during the programme. In other case, the learners will only receive monthly stipend not include accommodations and meals. It means you must to prepare your own accommodations and meals;
- The learners will receive both practical training as well as theoretical related to the prisoners’ rehabilitation.
- The learners will be declared as competent when they finished the learnership programme.
How to Apply for the Learnership?
To apply DCS Correctional Services Learnership, you need to fill the application form and then submit it to the official application channels.
Be advised that candidates must download DCS Correctional Services Learnership application forms at this link. It’s recommended when you submit application through regional offices we have included below. You also need to attach any other documents: copy of identity card, copies of certificates from education and training you have completed.
This year while waiting the end of Covid-19 pandemic, Correctional Services Learnership is estimated could be open around November or December 2020.
In the event that you are still confused about the Correctional Services Learnership, candidates can always get updates to the official site or other reliable third party provider.
DCS Regional Offices
Applicants can apply through or ask some clear explanations about this learnership programme by visiting one of these six DCS regional offices.
Regional Commissioner Eastern Cape in East London.
Free State and Northern Cape
Zastron Street in Bloemfontein.
Kgosi Mampuru II Training Centre
Regional Commissioner Gauteng in Pretoria West
Kwa-zulu Natal (KZN)
Eugene Marie Road, Napierville, Pietermaritburg
Regional Commissioner Kwa-Zulu Natal.
Limpopo, Mpumalanga and also North West
Proes & Paul Kruger Street, Masada Building, Pretoria.
Regional Commissioner Western Cape in Monte Vista.