The Office of the Chief Justice is now looking for a suitable candidate to fill in the Contract Judge’s Secretary position. The vacant position is available at Durban High Court. If you have sound understanding and skills needed for this job, then apply for the Contract Judge’s Secretary vacancy at Durban High Court today!
Candidates must include the reference number of this post within their application form, 2019/378/OCJ. This position offers a 3 year contract and qualified incumbent will receive salary ranging from R 242 475 to R 285 630 annually along with 37% in lieu of benefits. The qualified candidates will be required to sign a performance agreement. Having a Grade 12 certificate or equivalent qualification is compulsory as the minimum educational requirement. Furthermore, candidates are also expected to have one to three years of Office Assistant or Secretarial experience or any relevant field. Being in possession of a valid driver’s license is also necessary to apply for the Contract Judge’s Secretary vacancy at Durban High Court.
- Ability to do Dictaphone typing
- Ability of typing 35 words per minute
- Proficiency in English
- Computer literacy (MS Word)
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Organisational and administrative skills
- Decision making skills
- Problem solving and planning skills
- Time management skills
- Customer service oriented
- Decisiveness and assertiveness
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Format or type draft memorandum decision
- Be responsible for judgment or opinion entries written by assigned judge
- Provide general administrative or secretarial duties to the judge
- Type and manage correspondence, orders and judgments for the judge, which includes Dictaphone typing
- Diarise and arrange appointments, meetings for official visits and handle accommodation as well as travel arrangements
- Safeguard all case files and the endorsement of case files with an order made by Judge
- Update documents, files and provide copies of documents to the registrar
- Perform digital recording of court proceedings on urgent court cases after hours and make sure there is integrity of such recordings
- Keep, file and store court records safely
- Accompany the judge to Courts
- Manage judge’s vehicle, logbook as well as driving thereof
- Collect data and prepare reports and documents for assigned judges when and as needed
- Arrange receptions for the judge as well as her or his visitors and attend to their needs
- Manage judge’s library and update documentation
- Execute legal research as directed by the Judge and comply with prescripts, procedures, departmental policies and guidelines
How to Apply
Shortlisted applicants will be subjected to a typing test.
To apply for the Contract Judge’s Secretary Vacancy at Durban High Court, please include the following documents within your application form:
- Z83 application form
- A CV
- Original certified copy of ID, qualifications and driver’s license
Submit via post to: The Provincial Head, Office of the Chief Justice, Private Bag X54372,, Durban, 4000,
Or, hand deliver your application to: The Office of the Chief Justice, Human Resource Management, 1st floor, 2 Devonshire place, off Anton Lembede Street, Durban.
Applications will be accepted until February 1, 2019.
For enquiries: Ms L Marrie (031) 372 3164