The Office of Chief Justice is now accepting applications for Accounting Clerk vacancy at National Office (Midrand). The vacant position is available for Financial Accounting (Petty Cash). If you wish to build a career in this field or just love struggling with numbers for a job, then this may just be the ideal position for you.
Quote the reference number of this post within your application form, 2019/380/OCJ. The future qualified incumbent will receive salary amounting from R163 563 to R192 666 per year. The successful applicant will also be required to sign a performance agreement. In order to be eligible, you must hold at least a Grade 12 certificate or equivalent with Accounting as a passed subject. Furthermore, should you have a qualification in Accounting/Financial management, then it would surely be an added advantage.
Inherent skills and competencies required:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Planning skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy such as MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint as well as other software packages
Key Performance Areas
Once you are qualified for the Accounting Clerk vacancy at National Office (Midrand), you will be involved in but not limited to the following duties:
- Be responsible for recording, receiving and depositing money paid in the petty cash office
- Be responsible for issuing receipts and allocating revenue
- Be responsible for issuing petty cash funds and reconciling the petty cash account
- Be responsible for recovering documentation for replenishment of cash
- Be responsible for maintaining accounting records for easy access as well as future reference
- Be responsible for compiling and capturing sundry payment advices
- Be responsible for assisting in attending audit queries and providing copies of documents when needed
- Be responsible for compiling the payment register
- Be responsible for identifying outstanding payments from the invoice register
- Be responsible for safekeeping and filing of payment advices (batch processing)
- Be responsible for ensuring adherence and compliance with related legislation and departmental policies
People with disabilities are encouraged and welcome to apply.
Please forward your application via post to: The Director: Human Resources, Office of the Chief Justice, Private Bag X10, Marshalltown, 2107.
Alternatively, you can also hand deliver your application to: the Office of the Chief Justice, Human Resource Management, 188, 14th Road, Noordwyk, Midrand, 1685.
Include the following documents within your application:
- Z83 application form
- A CV
- Original certified copies (which must be certified in the last three months) of ID, and qualifications
Your application must be submitted no later than February 1, 2019 otherwise it will not be accepted. All shortlisted applicants must be willing to undergo verification and vetting processes. This also includes a competency evaluation for Senior Management Service. Correspondence will be limited to applicants who are shortlisted only. Therefore, if you haven’t received any feedback in the last three months, please take it to mean your application as unsuccessful.
In case you need further information regarding the Accounting Clerk vacancy at National Office (Midrand), you can consult: Ms D Botha/Ms C Gideon/Ms L Mothemane (010) 493 2500/2528/2533