The idea of taking a part in Clicks learnership programme is appealing because you can gain theoretical insight as well as professional experience along the way. If you have been living in South Africa, you know that Clicks Group is a professional healthcare and retail group in the country. They have several stores including The Body Shop, Musica and Claires, Clicks Pharmacy, and GNC. With 680 stores all over South Africa, it is only logical if they can provide a solid theoretical insight as well as a direct working experience for the candidates. They are also one of the biggest retail pharmacy chains within the country that is always looking for potential candidates.
About Clicks Learnership
Clicks Group always opens up various pharmacist assistant position on the yearly basis. Candidates will take a part in the learnership training programme at one of the pharmacy offices within the country. The programme will take place through the accredited and reliable Pharmacy Healthcare Academy and then supervised by a tutor.
In this chance, Clicks Group is offering a 12-month learnership programme. The successful applicants will be enrolled in an Contact Centre Learnership Programme (NQF Level 2).
The Learnership Objective
The purpose of the Clicks Contact Centre Learnership programme is to offer (and also provide) the company standard objectives, such as:
- To respond any client telephone calls properly as the company standards;
- To meet customers and deliver a good knowledge, professional services, and ‘one-contact’ resolution;
- To maintain the ClubCard database;
- To assist customers with Clicks infrastructures (including Clicks online as well as Clicks App)
- To assist customers when they want book a service in a Clinic;
- To answer any queries from customers and connect the customers to the comapny services;
- To assist any capturing activities such as updating customer contact records and out calling related the services;
- To complete any daily tasks and report it in excel file.
Clicks learnership programme has its own standard measurement level. The standard and general requirements are:
- The candidates must complete Matric or equivalent;
- The candidates must have a typing speed of 20 wmp;
- The candidates should have a computer skills (minimum Microsoft Office);
- The candidates have mathematic literacy (this skill is required in ClubCard points calculations);
- The candidates must have a good communication skill in English language.
For further qualifying matters, they must also have these skills:
- Relations as well as networking;
- Obey the instructions and any procedures;
- Work with people;
- Learn and research;
- Deliver services and meet customer expectations;
- Follow the principles and company values.
How to Apply
The application takes place online. If you are interested in this Clicks learnership programme for contact centre, here are some stages to follow:
- Go to http://careers.clicksgroup.co.za/
- Afterwards, you need to go to ‘APPLY button’. It is located on the right centre of the screen
- Login to your account or register an account first if you don’t have one.
- You might be will be asked to fill in personal info consisting of: Vacancy Details, Education, Curriculum Vitae, Personal Information, Contact Details, and Training
The deadline is on September the 23th 2020. If you have further enquiries about the Clicks learnership programme, you can contact the Recruitment Team at this link or telephone: 010 140 3099.