The Western Cape Government is now accepting applications for the Chief Registry Clerk vacancy at Department of Social Development. This clerical position revolves around Logistical Services. If you have a passion to work in such environment, submit your application today!
Quote the reference number of this vacancy on your application form, DSD 2018-107. This job offers an attractive level 7 salary that amounts to R 242 475 annually. The suitable incumbent will be stationed in the Department of Social Development within the Western Cape Government. All interested candidates must hold at least Grade 12 certificate or any of its equivalent qualification in order to partially fulfil the minimum requirement for the Chief Registry Clerk vacancy at Department of Social Development. This qualification must be accompanied by at least 6 years of prior experience in the registry environment. Should you have previous experience in supervisory or leadership environment or be in possession Record Management or Archives qualification then it will serve as an added advantage.
The future qualified candidate is one with the ability to manage performance as well as development of staff.
- proven knowledge of social development systems, public service legislation and procedures, departmental procedures and policies, archives act and its relevant instructions as well as labour saving devices
Required Managerial Skills
- problem solving skills
- ability to coordinate work
- team work capability
- good interpersonal relations
- good organising and planning skills
- good verbal and written communication skills in two or three of the Western Cape official languages
- manage information available in records
- be responsible for the safekeeping of records
- retrieve information
- make sure all the files requested or needed for research purposes are searched for
- maintain and implement disposal programs
- Make sure archives or closed files are not build on to (when they have just been used for research purposes). No additional filling is allowed on the closed file when a file has been archived
- Make sure all registers are maintained properly and open
- Conduct all supervisory function in the Human Resource administration component
- Keep record of the movement of every record
Interested candidates must submit their application for the Chief Registry Clerk vacancy at Department of Social Development online here
Note that, only online submission will be taken into consideration. All applications will be accepted no later than October 1, 2018. Ergo, it is the applicants’ responsibility to ensure their applications are all completed timeously.
If you have been declared shortlisted, then you will need to submit copies of your documentations for the sake of verification. You will also be subjected to interview meetings on a time and date as decided by the Department of Social Development.
Technical support will only be available from Monday until Friday at 8 Am to 4 PM in case you encounter any difficulties during your online submission. Please contact the helpline at 0861 370 202
Alternatively, candidates are also allowed to seek help by contacting: Mr C Palmer at (021) 763 6200