Applications are now invited for the Chief Administration Clerk vacancy at the Department of Water and Sanitation. The position is available for its Operational Integration Eastern Cape branch and the successful incumbent will be working within the Auxiliary Services division. If you have a passion working in clerical environment, submit your application today!
This position offers a level 7 salary which easily amounts to R 242 475 per annum. The Operational Integration Eastern Cape branch is located in King William Town, Eastern Cape. In order to be eligible for the Chief Administration Clerk vacancy at the Department of Water and Sanitation, candidates are required to hold at least a senior certificate or its relevant equivalent. Additionally it is mandatory that applicants are in possession of three to five year prior experience in administration.
This position requires applicants to have knowledge and skills of the following:
- Knowledge of Public Finance Management Act and Treasury Regulations
- Knowledge of administrative procedures
- Computer literacy such as database, internet, MS word, power point and Excel
- Good written and verbal communication
- Decision making skills
- Problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and perform under pressure
- Be responsible with minimal supervision
Once you are qualified for the job, below are some of the duties you can expect to be involved in.
- Supervise contract appointments and expire dates under administration
- Prepare specifications for tender contracts
- Provide portfolio of evidence and facilitate monthly meetings with service providers
- Prepare submissions for approval by BID Committee
- Consolidate and compile reports, record keeping, and minute taking
- Prepare memorandums, agendas and any other correspondence
- Liaise with Supply Chain Management regarding the drafting of specifications
- Compile realistic appointment schedules
- Sensitise the manager concerning engagements
- Conduct administrative support services
- Make sure documents and information flow effectively from and to the office of the Manager
- Make sure all documents are saved properly in the office of the manager by complying to the relevant policies and legislation
- Scrutinize routine reports and submissions as well as make notes to support recommendations of the manager
- Ensure and allocate quality of work
- Evaluate staff performance
- Implement discipline
How to Apply
Interested candidates are required to submit Z83 application form which is accessible from any Public Service Department, along with the following supporting documents:
- Certified copies of qualifications and ID document
- Foreign qualifications that have been evaluated by SAQA (if any)
Indicate the reference number of this advert within your application form (170818/09). Applications will be accepted no later than August 17th 2018. No late, faxed or emailed applications will be taken into consideration. Correspondence for the Chief Administration Clerk vacancy at the Department of Water and Sanitation will be limited to the shortlisted candidates only. That means, if you haven’t heard from the hiring department within 2 months after the closing date of this vacancy, please take it to mean your application being unsuccessful. Previously disadvantaged groups will be given preference.
Applications must be directed via post to:
Private bag X 7485, King Williams Town, 5600
You can also hand deliver it at the 2 Hargreaves Avenue, King William’s Town.
For enquiries, please contact: Mr MP Zenzile Tel No: 043 604 5528