Do you consider yourself a multi-task person who can handle many things at once and deal with hectic situation? If both your answers are yes, you are a perfect fit for the position of a client information clerk. These client information clerk vacancies are available for all South African youths to apply. Find out more information in the following.
Table of Contents
Position: Client Information Clerk
Recruiter: Gauteng Department of Community Safety
Location: Chris Hani Baragwanath Academic Hospital
Salary: R173 703 – R204 612 per annum (level 05)
Reference number: CHBAH 431
Further, being a client information clerk will require you to handle these following duties and responsibilities, as follows.
- Handling incoming, outgoing, and transferring calls to the appropriate extensions
- Making calls on behalf of the staff
- Keeping records and taking messages
- Sending bulk of messages for hospital communications and patients
- Answering general enquiries pertaining to hospital clients and staffs
- Reporting faulty telephone lines and keeping records
- Handling Switchboard apparatus appropriately by using the equipment based on specifications
- Monitoring call durations
- Keeping track with the doctor’s call rooster and being able to use paging system
- Being able to work during the night shifts, weekends, and also holidays
- Complying with the performance management and development system (contacting, quarterly reviews, and final assessments).
In addition, it is not easy to be a client information clerk as there are some requirements that all applicants must complete.
- Having Grade 12 or equivalent qualifications is non-negotiable
- Having computer literate especially in MS Office is compulsory
- Understanding the Switchboard or Call Centre knowledge will be a plus
- Being able to communicate well with people at different levels and backgrounds is desirable
- Having sound organizational skills and high level of reliability will be an advantage
- Being able to handle information confidentially is vital
- The applicants must have good telephone etiquette, self-motivation, and also office administration competency
- The applicants must be able to work under pressure and take initiatives
- Being able to organize and plan is also necessary
- Having the knowledge and application of the Batho Pele Principles is a must
- All applicants must be able to work either in a team or independently
- Besides, all applicants will go through Medical Surveillance as the job requirement
- People with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Consequently, having completed the requirements only is not enough. There are some other compulsory documents that all applicants have to prepare, as well.
- A fully completed and signed Z83 form
- A recently updated CV which includes the experiences, position, institution where you worked, and the respective dates
- Certified ID document
- Certified copies of qualifications including Matric and other relevant certificates
- Proof of current registration
Further, these documents must be hand delivered to The director: Human Resource, Chris Hani Baragwanath Academic Hospital at Ground Floor, Main Admin Building between 8am and 3 pm. Alternatively, the applicants can also post these documents to The Director: Human Resource, Chris Hani Baragwanath Academic Hospital, Private Bag X01, Pimville, 1808.
Please note that the certificates should not be older than three months. The recruiter is not going to tolerate any faxed or emailed applications. Besides, incomplete and late applications will get automatic dismissal from the company. Also, not having heard from the company three months after the due date, you may assume that your application was not successful.
Moreover, for any enquiries you have related to client information clerk vacancies, you may contact Mr. T Mnguni at (011) 933 9038.
Finally, the closing date for these information clerk vacancies will be on 25 June 2021.