Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of both construction and mining equipment. Besides, it is also the manufacturer of diesel and natural gas engines. For decades, Caterpillar has shown significant progress to build a better country. To show its contribution, it offers Caterpillar South Africa Internship Programme for those who put significant interest in it. Find out more information here.
Table of Contents
Job Title: Caterpillar South Africa Internship Programme
Division: Marketing & Operations
Recruiter: Caterpillar Inc.
Location: Gauteng, GP, South Africa
Reference number: R0000041399
Type of work: 12 months contract
Shortly, when participating in Caterpillar South Africa Internship Programme, all applicants will have these following duties and responsibilities, as follows.
· Contributing to some projects focusing on the parts operations process improvement (6 Sigma and gateway methodolody/ Lean)
· Connecting with the internal partners and Cat dealers as well to extend your network and knowledge within Caterpillar
· Learning and familiarizing yourself with the enterprise strategy, processes, methodologies, and systems
· Supporting both internal and external communications of the group
· Being potential for event organizer, large meeting logistics, and also general meeting organization
· Leading or participating in the projects of data analytics which will enable services growth
· Developing the software tools for supporting key service operations initiatives
· Supporting Dealer Service Capability and Service Business Reviews to improve the dealers’ service quality, profitability, and efficiency
· Learning Service Profitability fundamentals through training and active support to the team
· Participating in the Sales and Operation Planning process with Cat dealers and internal Cat teams by learning on digging into Caterpillar and its dealers’ business plan for supporting parts sales forecast needs
· Playing a role in the identification, analysis, and resolution of product support performance capability gaps in parts operations
· Developing and learning continually through experience and staying abreast of technology changes
· Following the Parts Operations Curriculum and achieving the various levels of available certifications
· Supporting division activities which promote the brand
· Leading analytics projects for delivering the specific business outcomes
· Building business reporting and tracking
· Tracking and generating reports and producing professional presentations which communicate the division initiatives
· Accessing and using quantitative and qualitative data to build the visual dashboards
· Developing sales and product management analytics tools
In addition, in order to ensure that you are qualified with this Caterpillar South Africa Internship Programme, all applicants must have satisfied with these following requirements.
· Having Bachelor’s degree in the field of Business, Finance, Economics, Statistics, or Analytics – Engineering is non-negotiable
· The applicants must be fluent in English. However, having the fluency in other languages such as French, German, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, or others will be an additional advantage
· The applicants must also have strong analytic tools user and IT skills
· Having the ability to analyze and make recommendations on facts and data is compulsory
· Having any project management certification such as 6 Sigma Black Belt, CPS/ Lean is a plus
· The applicants must have a structured approach to problem solving utilizing both quantitative and qualitative methods
· The applicants must have the basic customer approach including leadership, optimism, focus, responsibility, and empathy
· Having both strong accountability and negotiation skills is vital
· The applicants must have the excellent interpersonal and team working skills with the ability to build relationships successfully
Furthermore, some documents are also compulsory for all applicants to provide in order to complete the applications, as follows.
· A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV)
· A cover letter in English
· Copies of Diplomas and any work certificates
Moreover, for applying, you can directly visit this link. However, it is an obligation for all applicants to have registered themselves by using your email address and password. After that, you can just follow all the steps.
Further, for further information, you can visit www.caterpillar.com.