Breede Valley Municipality is a local municipality that is located in the Cape Winelands District Municipality and in the Western Cape province. It has its population of more than 150 hundreds South African living and settling there. Currently, their municipality office is offering some Breede Valle Municipality vacancies as general assistant for those who are tactful and passionate in this field. In the following, there will be a lot of details you might need when you want to apply for the position.
Table of Contents
Position: General Assistants
Recruiter: Breede Valley Municipality
Location: Worcester, Western Cape, South Africa
Salary: R103 823.25 – R122 578.50 annually
Type of work: Permanent
Before you are going to apply for these Breede Valley Municipality vacancies, you have to comprehend all the duties of a general assistant. Moreover, these will be the duties of a general assistant.
- Being responsible for assisting with the installation maintenance of infrastructure
- Taking part in the general maintenance activities
- Assisting with the handling of the chemicals
- Digging holes and trenches as well as other duties related to preparation and repairing work areas
- Assisting with the testing of vehicles
- Loading and off-loading the materials, equipment, and chemicals
- Taking part for the general housekeeping of both sites and plant
- Taking care of tools and equipment
- Adhering to the Occupational Health and Safety regulations
In addition, all applicants must have fulfilled these requirements when they are going to fill the position, as follows.
- Having Grade 8 or equivalent qualification is a must
- Having 6 weeks relevant exposure is compulsory
- The applicants must have good sight ability
- Being able to work in shifts is essential and work in confined spaces and elevated heights
- The applicants must be able to give traceable reference checks from the previous employers
- The applicants must have the ability to bend, kneel, stoop, carry, lift, and push heavy objects as the necessary physical labour
- Being able to work in all weather condition is necessary
- The applicants must be able to work outside the normal working hours, for example during emergencies and also planned overtime
Furthermore, any application will never be a complete application without the presence of these following documents.
- A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- An identity document
- Certified copies of qualifications (if any)
Next, to apply for these Breede Valley Municipality vacancies, you can actually do it online. You have to register and login to the site by using your email address and password through this link.
After that, you can start attaching your documents at the available button. In addition, you have to complete the personal information and the working preferences. Consequently, this will be an important thing to fill in. Therefore, you have to make sure that no compulsory column is missing to complete.
Moreover, when you have some queries about the recruitment, you can visit www.bvm.gov.za. However, when you have some troubles in registering or uploading your CV and other documents, you can contact the HR Administrator at zmayeki@bv,.gov.za.
Finally, these Breede Valley Municipality vacancies will be closed on 30 April 2021.