South African students who have dreams to pursue a career as a Chartered Accountant are now welcome and encouraged to apply for the BDO bursary program in Chartered Accountancy. Both current matric and university students are eligible to apply.
Table of Contents
BDO South Africa Incorporated which is also known previously as BDO Spencer Steward is a firm that revolves around providing services in accounting, auditing and business advisory areas and aims to help potential Chartered Accounting students to achieve their dreams through bursary programs. It was established in 1963 and as of today, the firm has offices in over 150 countries and have over 50,000 employees.
Through the BDO bursary program in Chartered Accountancy, qualified students who are studying or plan on studying towards a Chartered Accountancy qualification will receive coverage of all or part of their academic fees along with textbook allowance. The value of the award will differ between every BDO firm in South Africa. Kindly note that the bursary is condition. It can be renewed provided students achieve a pass at the end of the year.
In exchange for a bursary, the qualified students will be required to take up employment at BDO in South Africa for the equal amount of time as they have received the bursary. Students may also be required to complete vacation work at the firm as well.
To be eligible for this bursary, candidates must ensure they meet all the following entry requirements first:
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must be in Matric or have completed Matric
- Must be planning on studying or be currently studying towards a Chartered Accountant qualification with majors in accounting and auditing at a University that offers SAICA accredited programs to CTA or Honours level
- Must not be receiving any other scholarships, bursary awards or any kind of financial assistance with post training contract or employment obligations
- Must not be required to complete a training contract with other professional service firms
Other required requirements
- Matric students: achieved a minimum “B” in Maths and English (1st or 2nd language) Higher grade and a minimum overall average of 70%
- University students: achieved a minimum of 70% in Accounts I and II and 65% in Accounts III. First and second year students must have achieved at least overall average of 70% and 65% if you are a 3rd year student
- University students: must have achieved a minimum of 65% in Accounts I, II and III. All 1st, 2nd and 3rd year students must have achieved a minimum overall average of 65%
Commence your application online here. As part of the BDO bursary program in Chartered Accountancy application, the following materials must be included:
- Certified copy of ID and matric certificate (if completed matric)
- Matric latest results for current matric students and full tertiary academic record for current university students
Please submit before October 31, 2018 otherwise your application will not be taken into consideration.
For more information, please contact the bursary holder directly via,
Tel: 011 488 1700
Fax: 011 488 1783
Email: [email protected]