Do you have passion to work in clerical environment? Then, you might consider applying for the Assistant Administrative Clerk vacancy at Department of Public Works. They are now looking for a suitable candidate to fill in this open position with line of work revolving around Office Services. Apply today!
The reference number of this post, 2018/199, must be quoted within your application form. Future incumbent will receive salary amounting to R 163 563 annually. This position is situated at the Head Office of Department of Public Works which is located in Pretoria.
In order to be eligible for Assistant Administrative Clerk vacancy at Department of Public Works, candidates must be in possession of a Grade 12 certificate or equivalent accompanied by any relevant experience in Logistics. Furthermore, having sufficient competencies and knowledge in Office Administration, Supply Chain Management as well as computer literacy (Excel) and a valid driver’s license are mandatory.
Job-related skills and knowledge:
- Good understanding of office administration
- Good understanding of advance concepts, reporting procedures, procurement policies and financial systems (BAS)
- Good knowledge of payments
- Good data capturing, planning and organising skills
- Report writing ability
- Problem solving ability
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to render general office management duties
- Interpersonal relations
- People oriented
- Willing to adapt work schedule in line with office requirements
Once you’re qualified, below are the duties you can expect to be involved in:
- Be responsible for the capturing of all incoming invoices on the departmental IT system
- Provide monthly and weekly reports and statistics on the capturing of invoices
- Capture and collate data as well as maintain registers
- Distribute telephone accounts every month
- Reconcile telephone accounts every month
- Manage collection of revenue and identify non-return of telephone accounts
- Help with the opening of debt accounts
- Attend to general enquiries on invoices
- Render administrative duties and support with the payment for services and goods, petty cash and orders
- Provide administrative support with regard to the resolution of audit queries and collect information to resolve audit queries
Applications for the Assistant Administrative Clerk vacancy at Department of Public Works must be forwarded via post to: Head Office: The Director-General, Department of Public Works, Private Bag X65, Pretoria 0001 or Central Government Offices Building, Corner of Vermeulen (Madiba) and Bosman Streets, Pretoria.
Submit your application by attaching the following mandatory documents:
- A Z83 application form which can be attained all Public Service Departments
- A recently updated and detailed CV
- Recently certified copies of ID and qualifications
Submissions must be made no later than November 23, 2018 at 16:00. An indication by applicants in this regard will facilitate the processing of applications. Should there be no suitable candidates from the unrepresented groups to be recruited then applicants from the represented groups will receive consideration. All candidates with disabilities are welcome and encouraged to apply.
Should you be in possession of any foreign qualification, please attach the SAQA evaluation report on your application as well.
If you do not receive any feedback from the hiring department within the next months, consider your application as unsuccessful.
Should you need further information, please refer to: Thembi Makama, Tel No: (012) 406 1490