Those who are interested in starting off their career in professional Phlebotomy field can think about taking part in Phlebotomy Technicians Learnership programme. The programme will provide a solid basic and structure not only in their professional career but also in their personal growth. Through the learnership programme, the candidates will get the basic knowledge consisting of theoretical session as well as practical exposure. In the end, all candidates are expected to have a thorough understanding and mastery of both the theoretical and also practical elements.
Table of Contents
About Ampath Learnership Programme
Ampath is offering a professional programme that is designed to attract qualified and promising candidates to take part in their programme. Through this programme, the candidates will be trained through their professional training sessions and platforms so they can gain both the knowledge as well as the direct practice.
Ampath is opening their door for this Phlebotomy Technicians Learnership programme, welcoming potential candidates to take part in their programme for two years (24 months). Through this programme, candidates will have work together with patients. As Phlebotomy Technicians, they are responsible for collecting non-blood and blood specimens that will be used for pathology.
It’s a good thing that Ampath is opening an opportunity for 2021 period where the deadline will take place this April. Make sure that candidates go through the proper stages so they will be considered for the qualification.
Through the learnership programme, candidates are given the opportunity for the 2021 period. The sessions are divided into several sessions. The classroom session would be based in Centurion in Pretoria, while the training session would take place within any Ampath depots within Gauteng region. The candidates won’t get any transportation or accommodation.
There are requirements that candidates must meet to qualify for this Phlebotomy Technicians Learnership programme. The requirements are:
- The candidates must be the citizens of South Africa – must be proven with a valid and legit South African ID
- They must have a valid and proven Grade 12 (or Matric) certificate with Life Sciences (Biology), Math’s Literacy or Mathematics, or English as the subjects
- They must have NQF Level 3 Life Sciences (Biology)
- They must have NQF Level 3 English
- They must have NQF Level 3 Math’s Literacy or Mathematics
- They must be willing to sign a contract as well as getting into a performance agreement with the company
How to Apply
Interested candidates will have to go through online application processing to apply for this programme or position. They will have to visit this link or at this link so they can complete the application form, including submitting the required documentation.
There is no detailed information about the supporting documents, but candidates are generally asked to provide these supporting documents as their pre-requirements:
- An updated and comprehensive CV
- A certified copy of South African ID document
- A certified copy of Matric certificate
- Certified copies of diplomas, qualifications, or certificates
Emailed or faxed application will not be accepted. Be sure to remember that any late submission for this Phlebotomy Technicians Ampath Learnership programme will not be accepted – they will be automatically disqualified.