Alexandra Hospital is one of the mental healthcare provider in South Africa, especially Cape Town. This hospital has worked together with the Western Cape Department of Agriculture to provide more job vacancies for the potential youth in South Africa. Therefore, these Alexandra hospital vacancies are available to apply in the position of food services aid.
This position enables you to deal with a lot of people in the medical environment. It will be suitable for those who are passionate and eager to learn new things and deal with challenges. When you wish to know more about this recruitment, you can read this following information for further details.
Table of Contents
Position: Food Services Aid
Recruiter: Western Cape Department of Agriculture
Location: Alexandra Hospital
Salary: R102 534 per annum
Meanwhile, working as a food services aid must have some duties and responsibilities as seen in the following.
- Assisting in the receipt and storage of all stocks in the unit of food service
- Doing the pre-preparation and productions of all therapeutic and normal diets
- Weighing, dishing, and also distributing food for various wards
- Cleaning all area in the Food Service Department including the equipment and utensils
- Adhering to health and safety prescripts and standard operational procedures
However, to fit yourself into the position, you have to ensure that these following requirements have been possessed.
- Having the ABET level 1 is compulsory
- Having appropriate experience in food service unit especially in a large scale
- Being able to work in shifts, during weekends, and public holiday is necessary
- Being physically fit in lifting heavy objects and standing all day
- Having proper knowledge of production for both normal and therapeutic diets in industrial food service in a large scale is a must
- Having proper knowledge of occupational health, hygiene, HACCP, and safety principles is obligatory
- Being able to read, speak, and write in the minimum of two out of three official languages used in Western Cape is vital
In addition, alongside with the requirements of Alexandra hospital vacancies mentioned above, some documents are also compulsory to provide as follows.
- A completed application form in Z83 form
- A current Curriculum Vitae (CV) which is not longer than 5 pages
- Copies of ID
- Certified copies of academic qualifications
- Copies of other requirements advertised
Further, these documents have to be sent to The Chief Executive Officer: Annex Road, Food Service Department, Alexandra Hospital, 7405 for attention Ms. R Potgieter. Please note that the recruiter is not going to accept any application through fax or email.
Do not forget to mention the position that you want to apply. What’s more, unless you hear anything from the company three months after your application, you can consider that your application was unsuccessful. There will be no payment needed when you want to apply for this position.
Furthermore, for those applicants who have some queries related to the Alexandra hospital vacancies, they can contact Ms. R Potgieter at (021) 503 5023.
The latest acceptance of all applications will be on 16 April 2021.