The Department of Health is now accepting applications for the Administration Clerk vacancy at Valkenberg Hospital. The vacant position is available for the Metro Health Services chief directorate and the future qualified incumbent will be involved in line of work revolving around Supply Chain Management. Apply if you think you’re qualified for the job!
Table of Contents
The Administration Clerk vacancy for Supply Chain Management offers an attractive level 5 salary amounting to R 163 563 annually. The employing department is accepting applications from all applicants with at least a Senior Certificate qualification or its equivalent. Note that the matric certificate must be one with Accountancy and/or Maths as passed subjects. Alternatively, candidates can also attach proof of experience or competencies that focus on the key performance areas of this job along with their Senior Certificate.
The Administration Clerk vacancy at Valkenberg Hospital also requires all candidates to have proper experience in either a Warehouse Management or Supply Chain Management.
Inherent requirements for the position:
- Must be physically fit
- Ability to perform the tasks that require heavy lifting
- Applied knowledge of the SCM Delegations of the Department and Accounting Officer’s system
- Computer literacy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in two or three official languages of the Western Cape
- Be responsible for issuing and receiving inventory accurately in the prescribed time-frames to end-users as well as ensuring accurate stock control, i.e. maintain minimum and maximum levels, verify stock levels, update bin cards, report and investigate discrepancies, ensure cleanliness of the warehouse and effective storage
- Be responsible for closing and opening of stores on a daily basis
- Be responsible for capturing receipt vouchers
- Be responsible for handling over of stores when colleague is on leave
- Be responsible for reporting to supervisor on a regular basis regarding compliance and assisting with the preparation of inputs for the interim and annual financial statements (inventory)
- Be responsible for performing LOGIS system functions pertaining to warehousing and performing monthly stock-take
- Be responsible for providing assistance with AFS and IFS stock-take processes
- Be responsible for executing compliance control related to Supply Chain Management or Finance and handling queries in all aspects in the Supply Chain Management department
- Be responsible for assisting with all general tasks within the Supply Chain Management as well as Finance Department
Applications for the Administration Clerk vacancy at Valkenberg Hospital must be directed no later than February 22, 2019 to: The Chief Executive Officer: Valkenberg Hospital Private Bag X1 Observatory, 7593.
For attention: Ms M Page
Include the following materials within your application:
- Z83 application form
- Original certified copies of ID document, and qualifications
- A CV
All shortlisted applicants could be subjected to a practical test. It will also be expected of applicants to be available for interviews on a place, time and date as determined by the Department of Health. No payment of any sort is required when applying for the position.
The hiring department wishes to achieve equity in the workplace through the filling of this post.
For more information, please refer to: Mr S Pietersen, Tel. No. (021) 826-5910.