If you have a knack for a clerical job then this Administration Clerk (cashier) vacancy at Department of Mineral Resources may be just for you! Any candidate with a Senior Certificate is welcome and eligible.
The future qualified incumbent will be placed in Free State Region, Welkom. It is required that all candidates include the reference number of this post within their application form, DMR/18/0067. The Administration Clerk (cashier) position offers a level five salary which amounts to R 163,563 per annum. The minimum education requirement for this position is a Senior Certificate coupled with relevant experience in government financial administration. Furthermore, applicants are also required to have the following skills and key competencies:
- Knowledge of government budgeting as well as reporting processes, such as MFEF
- Knowledge of PFMA, BAS and related policies
- Knowledge of Treasury regulations and budget processes
- Sound financial and accounting skills
- Good organising skills
- Good mathematical skills
- Computer skills
- Sound verbal and written communication ability
- Ability to interpret and apply legislation
- Good interpersonal skills
- Creative, confident and assertive
- Ability to be pro-active and effective in the process of problem solving as well as the improvement of productivity
Once you are qualified for the Administration Clerk (cashier) vacancy at Department of Mineral Resources, below are some of the duties you will be involved in:
- Contribute to the effective management of budget
- Analyse and compile monthly budget as well as expenditure reports
- Compile and analyse expenditure as well as monthly reports
- Compile and consolidate budget as well as reporting related documents during a yearly budget process
- Manage petty cash and cash flow
- Manage payment advances
- Contribute to effective revenue management
- Verify travel and subsistence claims and keep records thereof
- Capture payment receipts on BAS as well as print reports
- Effective control of various cash registers and submissions of inputs in terms of budgetary issues
- Monitor and control over budget
Applications from women, Indians, coloureds and people with disabilities are all welcome and strongly encouraged.
Please include the following mandatory materials within your application:
- Z83 application form
- A CV
- Certified copy of ID document, driver’s license, certificates (certification must be done in the last three months)
Forward your application for Administration Clerk (cashier) vacancy at Department of Mineral Resources by hand delivering it to: Trevenna Campus, corner Mentjies and Francis Baard Street, former Schoeman
Or, post it to: The Director-General, Department of Mineral Resources, Private Bag X59, Arcadia, 0007
For attention: Ms N Maseko/ Ms T Sibutha
Apply before January 25, 2018.
Note that, requirements mentioned on this post are minimum inherent requirements; thus, criterion for shortlisting will rely on the proficiency of the applications submitted. The Department of Mineral Resources holds the right to determine suitable applicant during the selection process.
Shortlisted applicants will be informed in three weeks after the closing date. Applicants who have not been recognised during this period may consider their applications as unsuccessful.
For more information, please refer to: Ms CL De Vos Tel No: (057) 391 1322