The Department of Energy is now accepting applications for the Accounting Clerk vacancy. The job will revolve around the debt and revenue management. If you love to have a career in clerical environment, apply for the Accounting Clerk vacancy at the Department of Energy now!
This job offers an attractive level five salary that’s worth up to R 165 563 per annum in value. The suitable candidate will be stationed at the Department’s head office which is situated in Pretoria. In order to be eligible for the Accounting Clerk vacancy at the Department of Energy, candidates must be in possession of at least a Grade 12 certificate with at least one year previous experience in the field of finance or its relevant field.
Candidates are also required to have the following key competencies and skills:
- Knowledge of public finance management act
- Knowledge of debt management, treasury regulation, basic accounting system and PERSAL
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to negotiate
- Computer literacy
- Effective revenue collection
- Debtors management skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to work under pressure
Once you are qualified for the job, you will be involved in, but not limited to the following key performance areas:
- Be responsible for administering Pay Master General account
- Be responsible for bookkeeping activities
- Maintain records
- Administer department debtors
- Reconcile and clear suspense accounts relevant to debtors and PMG
- Render the cashier upon request
- Administer banking process
- Follow up with head office and regional offices on outstanding receipts and unidentified credits
Please forward your application via post to:
The Director-General, Department of Energy, Private Bag X96 Pretoria, 0001
Or hand deliver it to:
Department of Energy Building, Corner Paul Kruger and Visagie Street (192 Visagie Street)
Your application must contain:
- Z83 application form which must be completed in full, dated and signed
- A detailed resume
- Certified copies of Identity document and qualifications
- Proof of permanent residency in South African for candidates who are non-SA citizen
- SAQA evaluation result of foreign qualifications should you have any
Your references must include former and present supervisors and their fax, email addresses and telephone number.
The qualified candidate will undergo Personnel Suitability Assessments such as criminal record, credit record, citizen, employment and qualification verification.
Correspondence for the Accounting Clerk vacancy at the Department of Energy will be limited to applicants who deemed to be shortlisted. Kindly note that, candidates are advised not to submit their applications via registered mail for the hiring Department will not be responsible for non-collection of such submission.
Applicants will also be expected to be available to attend selection interviews on a place, date and time determined by the Department of Energy. The future successful applicant will be needed to sign a performance agreement in the three month timeframe of appointment. If you have not been acknowledge by the department in 60 days after the deadline (October 5, 2018), please regard your application as unsuccessful.
For more information, please contact: Mrs. Nnondoleni Mashanzhe (012 406 7884