As a result of the collaboration between Western Cape Government Department of Cultural Affairs and Sport and Worcester Hospital, they are going to provide some vacancies for the unemployed South African. These Worcester Hospital vacancies are aimed to get rid of the numbers of unemployment in South Africa.
Besides, these vacancies aid the recruiter to maximize the facilities of the hospital. Therefore, more people will get the benefits and they can reach their satisfaction through this recruitment. In the following, there are a lot of information about the Worcester Hospital vacancies as the handyman that you should never miss.
Table of Contents
Position: Handyman (Electrical and Mechanical)
Recruiter: Western Cape Government Department of Cultural Affairs and Sport
Location: Worcester Hospital
Salary: R145 281 per annum
Generally, handyman in both electrical and mechanical has similar duties and responsibilities, as follows.
· Maintaining and repairing the electrical fixtures and components including projects, installations, and alterations with or without assistance
· Doing the stock control efficiently and effectively
· Maintaining the equipment, tools, and the working area
· Using all hand tools in a safe manner
· Participating in the HR functions effectively
However, for the handyman in mechanical they have additional duties as follows.
· Doing welding jobs including steel gates, fences, and etc
· Opening the blockage found in drains
· Installing toilet pots and cisterns
· Repairing taps and doing the pipe installation
In addition, when you wish to be either the handyman in electrical or mechanical, they have to fulfill these following requirements.
· Having basic numeracy and literacy skills is a must
· Having appropriate experience of maintenance, installations, and electrical or mechanical component repairs is compulsory
· The applicants must be able to work overtime when necessary
· Being able to communicate in the minimum of two out of three official languages of the Western Cape is obligatory
· Having the knowledge of Machinery and Occupational Health and Safety Act as well as its application is essential
· Being able to utilize allocated resources such as the tools and materials and adhere to the safety standard is important
· All applicants must be able to work independently and as a part of the team
Moreover, fulfilling the requirements only is never enough since there are some compulsory documents to complete as well.
· Copies of the certificate
· An identity document
· A comprehensive CV
For applying the recruitment of electrical and mechanical handyman, they can send their application to The Chief Executive Officer: Worcester Hospital, Private Bag X3058, Worcester, 6850 for attention Ms H Swart.
Late and incomplete form of application will get automatic dismissal from the company. Please note that when you have not heard anything from the company weeks after the due date, you can consider that your application was unsuccessful.
Furthermore, if you need further information about the handyman (electrical), you can contact MR GR Nicholls at (023) 348 1247. Meanwhile, when you have some queries related to the handyman (mechanical), you can call Mr W Barnard at (023) 348 1283.