The Western Cape Government finally invites all the unemployed South African graduates to have improved way of life. For those who live in Western Cape, this will be a good starting point to have better experience. At the end of the internship, you will be a successful intern who has all the opportunities to choose the career path that you like. Check out the following information for further details.
Table of Contents
Job Title: Western Cape Government internship programme
Recruiter: Western Cape Government
Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Reference number: WCG210615-1
Type of work: 24 months contract
Moreover, the only duty that all applicants will be focused on is participating on the on-the-job training in these following departments.
- Community Safety
- Cultural Affairs and Sport
- Department of the Premier
- Environmental Affairs and Development Planning
- Economic Development and Tourism
- Human Settlements
- Local Government
- Social Development
- Provincial Treasury
- Transport and Public Works
In addition, in order to be able to compete with other candidates to get the position in Western Cape Government internship, these requirements are the major measurement.
- All applicants must have the possession of a completed Certificate of NQF 5, Diploma (NQF 6), Degree (NQF 7) or Post Graduate qualifications
- The applicants must have the citizenship of South African
- Besides, they have to reside in the Western Cape
- All applicants must be in the age between 20 and 35
- Having a desire to take the opportunities to gain practical work experience is compulsory
- Being able to complete the duration of the internship programme is obligatory
- Having good communication skills in both written and verbal in the minimum of two of the official languages in Western Cape is non-negotiable
- Being able to operate office equipment is essential
- The applicants must have planning and organizing skills
- Also, having proven computer literacy in MS Office is vital
Furthermore, for completing the application, these are the compulsory documents that all applicants must provide.
- A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) with three references which is preferable in MS Word
- Certified copies of qualifications (academic results from the academic institution)
- An identity document
For applying, the applicants can apply for Western Cape Government internship programme online. However, there are two phases that all applicants have to go through. The first phase deals with the registration while the second one deals with the actual application. Moreover, the first phase has a few steps to complete as follows.
- You can click the option of “Create Account” and complete all the compulsory information
- Do not forget to attach all the documents needed
- You have to check whether your profile is complete and click submit to finish the registration process
- Next, you need to verify your email address by accessing the email from the Western Cape Government Careers
- Your registration is complete once you have confirmed your email
For the next phase, you can find the internship and choose Apply. There will be some questions to complete as well. After you have completed the application, you can choose submit. Please note that the recruiter is not going to tolerate late, emailed, and also faxed CV.
Further, for further assistance related to your queries, you can contact Ms. B Kirkwood at (021) 483 2024 or Ms. Y Dempers at (021) 483 0742.
All in all, the applications will be acceptable until 2 July 2021. Applications which come after the due date will not be considered.