In collaboration with the Department of the Western Cape (Provincial Treasury), the West Coast District Municipality will be awarding up to four bursaries to qualified candidates who wish to pursue their National Diploma or Degree. South African students who are currently studying or plan to study as a full time student are all welcome to apply for the West Coast District Municipality bursary program.
Table of Contents
The West Coast District Municipality is located alongside the Atlantic coast, in the Western Cape Province. The municipality covers over 30,000 square meters and extends about 350 km from north to south. The seat of this municipality is Moorreesburg. The district encompasses five local municipalities including the Bergrivier local municipality, the Saldanha Bay municipality, the Matzikama local municipality, the Swartland municipality and the Cederberg local municipality. The main purpose of this district municipality is to share in the responsibility for local government and ensure accessibility to services and resources for the communities within the area.
This year, the West Coast District Municipality bursary program is offered to full time students who wish to pursue either their Degree or National Diploma in one of these programs:
- Computer Science (with Network subjects)
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Procurement Logistics
- Supply Chain Management
- Internal Auditing
- Risk Management
- Financial Management
- Financial Accounting
Up to four bursaries are offered and each will be for the maximum value of R 60,000. The awards will also be extended up to three years depending on satisfactory performance.
Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted students. If you haven’t received any notifications in 30 days after the deadline has passed, please take it to mean your application as unsuccessful.
Am I Eligible?
Applications will be considered provided you meet all of these entry requirements:
- You are a South African citizen
- You plan to study or are studying as a full time student in one of the aforementioned programs at a recognised and accredited South African University or University of Technology or registered Private Higher Education institute.
- You are from a historically disadvantaged background or have a disability
- You reside in the West Coast region
Should you be interested in applying for the West Coast District Municipality bursary program, please include the following documents within your application. Any missing items will lead to the disqualification of your submission:
- An application form (obtainable here)
- Certified copy of matric certificate
- Certified copy of ID
- Proof of tertiary registration
- Certified copy of full academic record (for current tertiary students)
- Proof of permanent residential address
- Proof of tertiary registration fees
- Proof of household income (certified copies of 3 latest payslips if employed or sworn affidavits if unemployed
Please direct your application via post to:
West Coast District Municipality
Human Resources: Training and Development
P.O. Box 242
All applications will be accepted until January 18, 2019. No late submissions will be regarded.
Should you have any queries regarding this program, please refer to the Training and Development Section via:
Fax: 022 433 8484
Tel: 022 433 8400
Email: [email protected]