For those who have been dreaming of working in the South African Police Service, this is the right time for you. Currently, the SAPS vacancies are available for all applicants to apply for the position of secretary, general worker, and admin clerk. Had you found yourself suitable for the position, you must have submitted your application before the due date!
Position: Secretary, General Worker, and Admin Clerk vacancies at SAPS
Recruiter: South African Police Service
Location: Pretoria and Head Office Pretoria
Admin Clerk & Secretary: R173 703 per annum (level 5)
General Worker: R102 534 per annum
Admin Clerk (Pretoria): MOD20/07/2021
Admin Clerk (Head Office Pretoria): NCC15/07/2021
General Worker: MOD21/07/2021
In addition, for those who are curious about the duties of each position, these duties will be able to decide whether or not you are capable of the position. Hence, here are the duties of an admin clerk vacancies at SAPS.
- Performing day-to-day administration of the office including arranging and preparing for meetings, typing and taking minutes
- Sending invitations for business purposes
- Arrange for refreshment
- Keeping a record of in and outgoing posts
- Keeping on bringing forward registers
- Arranging for travelling and securing accommodation
- Also, updating and managing phone calls, faxes, emails, and maintaining filing system
Meanwhile, for the position of secretary, you will be dealing with these following duties, as follows.
- Providing secretarial support function to the Section Head
- Arranging, preparing meetings, agendas, typing, and taking minutes
- Answering and screening all incoming calls to the office of the Section Head
- Liaising with other components and sections on matters related to the Section Head’s office
- Maintaining good recordkeeping, filling, and bringing forward system
- Handling confidential documents
- Processing and submitting claims, making traveling, and accommodation arrangement
- Managing the diary as well as receiving and hosting visitors of the office
- Operating standard equipment including fax, photocopy machine, telephone, computer, and etc
- Managing office inventory
- Lastly, serving refreshment to the visitors and during meetings
Furthermore, these will be the duties when you are applying for the position for a general worker.
- Cleaning entire office space including dust and dump mopping, sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, and cleaning glass and windows
- Emptying trash and replacing liners
- Preparing tea and refreshments during meetings and washing dishes for members within the centre
- Also, ordering stock and maintaining the equipment and supplies to be always clean
Were you interested to apply for the position of secretary and admin clerk vacancies at SAPS, you must ensure that you have fulfilled these following requirements.
- Having relevant experience in the field as well as competency in Ms. Office is compulsory
- Besides, having interpersonal communication and organizing skills will be an advantage
Further, these requirements are compulsory when you are applying for the position of general worker.
- The applicants must have Grade 10 or Standard 8 or equivalent certificate is compulsory
- Having previous experience in cleaning will get preference
- The applicants must be responsible, reliable, and able to work in a team
- Lastly, having good communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills is essential
Additionally, these documents will be compulsory for all applicants to provide during the application.
- An official application form from SAPS website
- A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- An identity document
- Copies of Senior Certificate and all educational qualifications obtained
- Service Certificate of previous employers stating the occupation
- Proof of relevant experience in the field and a valid driver’s license (when necessary)
For applying, all applicants can hand-deliver them to Opera Plaza, Annex Building, Cnr Pretorius & Banklane Street, Pretoria. The application must be deposited into the available box at the reception area.
However, if you prefer sending the applications through post, you can post them to The Section Head: Corporate Support, (Attention: Lt Col JL Shandu or Capt SJ Matlopela), South African Police Service, Private Bag X94, Pretoria, 0001.
Moreover, had you any FAQ or enquiries related to SAPS vacancies, you can contact Lt Col JL Shandy or Capt SJ Matlopela or SPO KK Mashiloane at (012) 393 3058 or 4273 or 4501.
Finally, the application for SAPS vacancies will be no longer acceptable after 16 August 2021 at 16. oo South African standard time.