Tygerberg Hospital is a tertiary hospital that becomes the largest hospital in Western Cape and the second largest in South Africa. No wonder, when there are Tygerberg Hospital vacancies, a lot of people are struggling to be a part of the company to gain experiences. Hence, here are the details of the recruitment that you should never miss.
Table of Contents
Position: Foreman and Pest Control Assistant
Recruiter: Department of Cultural Affairs and Sport Western Cape Government
Location: Tygerberg Hospital
General Foreman: R145 281
Pest Control Assistant: R102 534
Generally, each job has each duty and responsibility. Moreover, these followings are the duties of a general foreman for grounds and gardening.
- Controlling the utilization of personnel to ensure the service delivery
- Maintaining a variety of machinery and tractors
- Controlling the physical resources and promoting the optimal utilization of machinery
- Executing all administrative functions applicable effectively on a supervisory level
- Providing an effective support to Senior Administrative Officer: Support Services
In contrast, when you wish to work as a pest control assistant, here are the duties that you will be responsible for.
- Rendering a support service to all departments, wards, clinics, and theatres regarding pest control to ultimately make sure the environment is free from pests
- Safeguarding of chemicals and materials effectively
- Ensuring the effective maintenance of equipment and PEE
- Providing effective support to the Pest Control Supervisor with regards to Pest Control and minor administrative tasks (schedules, logbooks, requisitions, and etc)
In addition, here are the requirements that you have to fulfill when you wish to work as a general foreman.
- Having General Education and Training Certificate (GETC) or Grade 9 (Std. 7) qualifications is compulsory
- Having appropriate experience in gardening, supervisory, and Staff Performance Management System is obligatory
- The applicants must have a valid code of B/EB driving license including the authorization to drive tractor and types of mobile agricultural equipment or machinery
- Having the willingness to work in shifts, weekends, and also public holiday is necessary
- The applicants must be able to communicate effectively in the minimum of two out of three languages of Western Cape
- The applicants must be able to operate and drive various makes of tractors
- Having sound knowledge of gardening, including landscaping and irrigation system is essential
- All applicants must be able to maintain, operate, and drive various tractors and machinery
- The applicants must have the appropriate knowledge of the grievance procedure, procedure for public service, and code of good practice
Furthermore, all applicants have to comprehend these following requirements to be eligible for applying the position as a pest control assistant.
- Having basic numeracy and literacy is compulsory
- The applicants must have appropriate experience in Pest Control
- The applicants must be able to communicate in at least 2 out of 3 languages of Western Cape
- Being able to work in shifts and during public holiday is essential
- All applicants must be able to do physically challenging duties and handle heavy objects
Meanwhile, some documents are compulsory to provide as a part of the requirements to qualify for the positions.
- A comprehensive CV
- An identity document
- Certified copies of qualifications
These documents for both positions need to be delivered to The Chief Executive Officer: Tygerberg Hospital, Private Bag X3, Tygerberg 7505 for attention Ms Z Mtshisazwe.
Moreover, when you have some queries related to the position of general foreman, you can contact Ms CB Johnson at (021) 938 5327. Meanwhile, when you want to ask questions about the recruitment of pest control assistant, Mr F Williams is approachable at (021) 938 4183.
The closing date of these Tygerberg Hospital vacancies will be on 14 May 2021.