Applications are now invited for the State Accountant vacancy at Department of Justice and Constitutional Development. The open position is available for the Audit Facilitation. Any interested candidates are required to mention the reference number of this advert, 18/56/FS, within the application form.
The future qualified incumbent will receive salary ranging from R 242 475 to T 285 630 annually. This vacant position will also require the successful applicant to sign a performance agreement. The State Accountant vacancy at Department of Justice and Constitutional Development is available at the Regional Office which is situated in Bloemfontein.
All candidates must hold a Grade 12 certificate that serves as the minimum educational requirement. Should this qualification be accompanied by an appropriate tertiary qualification in audit or finance related study programs then it would serve as an added advantage. Applicants are expected to be in possession of relevant working experience in finance or its relevant field. Furthermore, having experience in audit facilitation functions would be a plus point.
Inherent requirements and knowledge:
- A valid driver’s license
- Understanding and knowledge of the PFMA
- Understanding and knowledge of Treasury Regulations as well as Departmental Financial Instructions
- Computer literacy ( MS Excel, Word, Outlook as well as PERSAL)
- Excellent written and verbal communication ability
- Ability to work neatly, correctly as well as under pressure
- Analysis and perusal of audit reports as well as management comments
- Minute taking and facilitation skills
Once you are qualified for the position, you will be involved in but not limited to the following duties:
- Manage the regional audit process effectively to prevent limitation of scope issues
- Facilitate and arrange audit steering committee meetings which also includes minutes taking as well as distributions
- Ensure signing off of responses by management before submitting to auditors within the deadline and exercise quality control over audit responses as well as collation of responses
- Recognise audit issues for incorporation in the yearly audit action plans
- Facilitate or manage audit action plans
- Conduct monthly audit tests on issues stated in the Audit-General report to make sure measures are implemented correctively to avoid re-occurrence
- Pay visits to offices to perform inspections in loco on financial and relevant matters
Applications for the State Accountant vacancy at Department of Justice and Constitutional Development must be forwarded via post to: The Regional Head, Private Bag X 20578; Bloemfontein, 9300
Or, you can also hand deliver it at: 53 Colonial Building, Charlotte Maxeke Street, Bloemfontein 9300
Please attach the following important materials within your application:
- Z83 application form
- A comprehensive resume
- Original certified copy of ID, driver’s license and qualifications
- Evaluation report by SAQA for candidates who possess foreign qualifications
Applications that do not conform to the above requirements will be disregarded. Correspondence for this vacancy will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. Therefore, in case you have yet to receive any information from the hiring department in the three month timeframe after the deadline, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
If you have any questions, please direct them to: Ms N Dywili at 051 407 1800