Are you currently unemployed and planning to study further in the Engineering and Technology field? Siemens is looking to fund people who are passionate to make a difference to the Engineering and Technology Fields through their Bursary Programme for the unemployed.
Siemens AG is a global company that specializes in technology. They bring together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. The company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings, decentralized energy systems and automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries.
If you are interested in working with such an amazing company, please keep reading, we have more information for you!
Table of Contents
Position: Engineering and Technology Stream Bursary
Location: Midrand, South Africa
Reference Number: 285493
Type: Full Time
In this Bursary programme for the unemployed, Siemens will fund your studies in the following field:
- Bsc/B.Eng Electrical Engineering – Heavy Current
- Bsc/B.Eng Electronic/Engineering – Light Current
- BSc Information Technology
- B.Eng in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (Mechatronics)
Eligibility and Requirements
If you are interested in applying for a Bursary from Siemens, you will need to fulfil the following criterias. First, the general criteria:
- You must be unemployed
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be between the age of 18 – 25 years
- You must be willing to work for the company during vacation periods
- Preference will be given to Students from disadvantaged backgrounds.
It’s important that you have done your research about the company and are clear as to why you are choosing to join Siemens for this bursary programme. Please do your research as this information will help greatly in your motivation letter and video interview process.
Next, you must meet the following academic qualifications. Please check the complete list below:
- Completed Matric/Grade 12
- English – Level 5 and Above
- Pure Maths – Level 5 and Above
- Physical Science – Level 5 and Above
- A minimum Academic Average of 65% and above in the year that you are applying for the bursary i.e. in grade 12 or Tertiary Level
Aside from that, there are several requirements to be eligible as the Bursary recipient. You must be:
- Studying/be accepted to start studying full time within one of the fields of study stipulated above.
- Select a locally recognized training institution
- Fulfil the registration criteria of the Training Institutions
- Providing proof of acceptance by the training institution is required before a bursary can be awarded.
- Not receiving any other funding e.g. National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS)
Are you interested in continuing your studies in these fields, funded by Siemens? Do not hesitate to apply, please follow the steps below to get your application ready.
First you will need to prepare several supporting documents, the copies must be clear:
- A Motivation Letter
- Your recently updated and comprehensive Curriculum Vitae
- Your Identification Document
- Your Matric Certificate
- Your Fully Tertiary Academic Record (If Applicable)
Next, you must create a profile in Siemens talent community website, you will be able to upload your CV and all other supporting documents, as well as filling the required application form.
The boards will consider your application once all the required information and documents are submitted.
If you fulfil the academic criteria for this bursary programme, you will be contacted by the Siemens Recruitment or Bursary Coordinator team for a virtual video interview.
If you pass the interview process, you will receive a Bursary for that year of study.
If you need more information or have any questions regarding the Engineering and Technology Stream Bursary or Siemens, you can visit their official website by following this link.
Unfortunately, Siemens does not list a closing date for the application of this Bursary programme. Please proceed with your application as soon as possible, you can find out if it’s still open by visiting the application page through this link.
We wish you luck with your application!