South African individuals who are seeking a position in clerical environment are now encouraged to apply for the Senior Administrative Clerk vacancy at Department of Water and Sanitation. The vacant position is available for the Chief Operations Office branch within the Water Information Management division. Apply today if interested!
Table of Contents
Please quote the reference number of this post within your application form, 141218/26. The future incumbent will receive salary amounting to R 163 563 annually or equal to level five category. The position is available in East London. In order to be eligible for the Senior Administrative Clerk vacancy at Department of Water and Sanitation, candidates are required to have at least a Senior Certificate or its equivalent qualification accompanied by appropriate experience in general office administration environment and data capturing. Furthermore, it is also expected that applicants have sound knowledge of spread sheets and word processing (sufficient computer literacy).
Below are the inherent requirements for the job:
- Excellent written and verbal communication ability
- Practical experience in report as well as letter writing and client services
- Experience and skills in the national water use registration process
- Ability to perform well under pressure
- Knowledge of the National Water Act, (Act 36 of 1998) along with other relevant legislations
- Assisting users in finishing application forms
- Issuing relevant registration forms
- Capturing application forms for new users
- Checking completion of application forms
- Maintaining information of registered users as per approved outcome
- Generating confirmation documents
- Preparing registration certificate for approval
- Sending out and copying registration certificates to registered users
- Keeping records of correspondences submitted by clients in the relevant files
- Fulfilling help desk functions
How to Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their applications for Senior Administrative Clerk vacancy at Department of Water and Sanitation as soon as possible and no later than December 14, 2018. Please direct via one of the following ways:
Post: Private Bag X 7485, King Williams Town, 5600
Hand deliver: at the 2 Hargreaves Avenue, King William’s Town 5600.
For attention: Ms T Solwandle, Tel: 043 604 5476
Applications must contain:
- Z83 application form which must be signed and completed
- A comprehensive CV
- Original certified copy of ID document and qualifications
If you have foreign qualifications, please have them evaluated by SAQA and attach the evaluation report within your application.
The hiring department is not accepting applications submitted via facsimile or email. The Department of Water and Sanitation will also limit any sort of correspondence to applicants who have been shortlisted only. If you have yet to hear from the department in two months after December 14, 2018, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Candidates with disabilities are welcome and encouraged to apply. This also applies to individuals who are not employed by the Public Service Departments. If deemed necessary, the Department of Water and Sanitation will not make an appointment.
If you need further assistance or have any questions, please contact: Ms N Ngcwembe, Tel No: (043) 701 0376