Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
If you are looking for an opportunity to gain a professional working experience as well as the chance to have an in-depth knowledge, you should consider about taking part in SASSA learnership program. The program will give you a lot of valuable opportunities to learn more about the sector as well as a direct chance to implement the practical element.
About The Program
South African Social Security (SASSA) agency is a South African’s government that is set up to provide the opportunity to the unemployed youth or the unfortunate people to take part in the program. The agency provides SASSA learnership program to regulate and control social grants distribution. The program itself started in 2005 and it has gone through for more than a decade.
The advantages of joining the program are:
- The candidates can work with other people for sharing thoughts and ideas
- They can provide the best service for those in need
- They can learn about the professional industry and get a hands-on experience from it
- They can explore various opportunities (as well as the country) during the program
- They can learn to work within their own subjects or fields of expertise
- They have a working experience
There are several popular and most common positions available on the yearly basis (although the available vacant positions may vary), such as:
- Social Science
- Disability Management
- Health Science
- Supply Chain Management
- Public Administration
All programs have their own standard of measurement and assessment and SASSA learnership program isn’t different. In general, the candidates must meet the general requirements, such as:
- They must be the citizens of South Africa, proven by ID document
- They must be between 18 and 35 years old
- They must have completed Matric or Grade 12 and have the certificate
- They must be unemployed and do not have any intention to take any full-time study during the learnership program
- They must be within the productive age range who need Experimental Training
- If they have taken a higher degree previously, they need to study at a recognized and reputable institution in South Africa
The learnership program lasts for one year and the successful appointed candidates would have to sign a contract. They will get a monthly stipend whose value ranges, depending on the candidates’ qualification and educational background.
How to Apply
Interested candidates will have to prepare the supporting documents along with the application. Besides the application form (which you need to fill and sign), you should also send a motivational letter for placement, a CV, certified copies of qualifications, a certified copy of ID document, and a certified copy of Matric certificate to (PTA) Manager: HCM, SASSA P/ Bag x55662, Arcadia, Pretoria 0083. If you want to hand-deliver it, it goes to: SASSA House, 501 Prodinsa Building, Cnr Beatrix and Pretorius Street, 0001
There is no clear information about the deadline, but considering that it is an on-going program, it is highly likely that they have the program on a yearly basis. You just have to check the official website regularly to learn the details of SASSA learnership program.