SARS (The South African Revenue Service) is the South African Government’s tax collecting agency. It was established in term of 1997’s the South African Revenue Service Act and is in charge in administering the nation tax system and custom service. SARS administers an intensified, transparent and customer-oriented service to make sure best and decent revenue’s collection. This company works based on the principles of accountability, fairness, honesty, and integrity. Currently, SARS vacancies are available for the South African youths to apply.
SARS has got a number of functions that are to give advice on all revenue matters to the Minister of Finance. It also collects and administers all taxes, duties and levies nationwide. Another function is to give protection against the illegal goods’ importation and exportation. Further, it facilitates trade and assembles revenue which is under any other legislation. Lastly, this service provides an online portal as well to not only individuals, tax businesses and practitioners via its website SARS eFilling.
Table of Contents
Job Title: Graduate in Training General
Location: Pretoria, Gauteng
Reference number: 2607
Generally, graduate in training will give you some duties to handle and accomplish during the duration of the training, as follows.
- Obtaining work-integrated learning which combines both theory and practical experience
- Completing two year development programme
Moreover, in order to be able to apply for the positions, you have to consider whether or not you have fulfilled the requirements, as follows.
- The minimum requirement is having 3 year National Diploma (NQF 6) in the field of Information Technology, Applied Mathematics, Law, Administration, and also Paralegal Studies
- Having the Bachelor’s Degree (NQF 7) in Accounting, Auditing, Taxation, Law, Supply Chain, Computer Science, Industrial Engineering, Data Analytics, LLB, Actuarial Science, Risk Management, Data Science, Forensic Auditing, and Digital Transformation is preferable
- Having the Honours Degree (NQF 8) in the field of Taxation, Economics, Accounting, Computer and Data Science, Applied Mathematics, Quantitative Analysis and Econometrics is highly appreciated
- The applicants must have accountability, sustainability, and the ability to pay attention to details
- Having the conceptual ability, driving for results, honesty, respect, and trust will be vital
Meanwhile, all applicants can’t complete their registration without submitting these following documents.
- A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- A cover letter or motivation stating the reasons why you will be a suitable candidate for the position
- A copy of Identity Document
- Certified copies of qualifications
- Certified copies of education reports
Furthermore, to apply you have to register your account here. You have to enter the email address, password, first name, last name, and also the country or region of residence.
Moreover, you have to submit your CV and your other documents by uploading your document which is not larger than 500kb. After that, there will be a pop up page containing some questions to fill such as previous work history, formal education, training, professional memberships, personal information, and also salary.
Furthermore, if you need the complete information, feel free to visit www.sars.gov.za.
The closing date of these SARS vacancies has not been stipulated yet. Therefore, when you really want to take part in the recruitment, you must apply as soon as possible.