The South African Association for Food Science and Technology or SAAFoST Foundation bursary call 2019 is now open for applications. This program targets at undergraduate students who are interested to pursue a tertiary qualification in the field of food science and technology. If this is your area of proficiency, apply today!
Table of Contents
The SAAFoST Foundation is the association of technology, food science and other professionals serving South Africa’s food as well as allied industries. The Foundation aims at enhancing the knowledge base of food science and technology by supporting scientific research, workshops, a membership magazine publication, exhibitions, seminars, meetings and assisting in educational events. It is a non-profit company which is run primarily by volunteers.
The company established the SAAFoST Foundation bursary call 2019 to award outstanding students who wish to pursue their tertiary qualification in the field of food science and technology.
The scholarships will be awarded based on three major factors: academic merit; employment equity; and demonstrated potential. Qualified students will receive up to R35,000 annually which is meant to cover tuition fees.
- South African citizen/permanent resident
- Have resided in South Africa for at least three years
- Have obtained SAAFoST membership for at least 12 months
- Enrolled to study as a full time student toward a first bachelor’s degree/diploma in the aforementioned field at a recognised South African tertiary institute
- Able to complete the studies within specified timeframe (B.Sc (Hons) and diploma= 3 years max; B.Tech = 4 years max)
- Strong academic results/potential will be emphasised
Should you be interested in applying for this bursary program, please commence your application by downloading and completing the application form below:
- Certified copy of ID/passport
- Passport sized photo (head and shoulders)
- Latest tertiary academic results (more info is available on the application form)
- Proof of registration for 2019 at your university/tertiary institute
- Reference letter (issued by one who has known you in your learning capacity for the last three years)
- Personal statement (outlining how your education will have a positive effect on the scientific community; one page max)
The submission of the supporting materials is just as mandatory as the application form. Therefore, any missing item will surely lead to your application being disregarded.
Application for SAAFoST Foundation bursary call 2019 must be submitted no later than January 15, 2019 to the Membership Development Officer via:
- Email: [email protected] (subject line: SAAFoST Bursary Application – your full name)
- Fax: 086 698 4784
You must also submit a hard copy to:
SAAFoST Membership Development Officer
PO Box 35233
No late submissions will be regarded. Applications will be reviewed from January to February and the outcome of this call will be notified to candidates by the end of February 2019.
Note that, applications submitted after the stipulated deadline will not be taken into account.
In case you wish to know more or have any queries, please forward your questions to SAAFoST directly via:
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 012 349 2788
Fax: 086 698 4784