Are you looking for an administrative job in the education sector? We have a fantastic job opportunity for you today! Rosebank College is looking for someone to fill their Teaching and Learning Assistant vacancy. In this position, you will be helping the team to reduce the administrative duties on T&L team, so they can better pursue the academic milestones and goals. This will have a positive impact on the success rate and graduation rate of Rosebank College Students.
If you are interested, please continue reading, we have all the important information about the Teaching and Learning Assistant vacancy laid out for you below!
Position: Teaching & Learning Assistant
Recruiter: Rosebank College Durban
Location: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal
As the teaching and learning assistant, you will be responsible for various management and administration duties related to students, lecturers, and research. Please find the detailed breakdown of the job description below:
- You will be responsible to file the result of the lecturer and student’s consultations.
- Documenting and handling the administration of peer reviews.
- Assisting and supporting the material issuing and collecting for lecturers (lecturer resource pack, lecturer handbook, access tag, notebook, stationery)
- IC Administrations
- Printing of claims
- Confirming the lecturer’s schedule availability from their timetable.
- Issuing timetable to lecturers
- Tracking lecturer’s avaiability for consultations
Event Management Duties
- Arranging and coordinating T&L events such as Lecturer and student Orientation, HoP visits, Directors Visit, Pulse visit, Celebrating T&L, Top Achievers Awards, CAT and CSO visits.
- Managing and coordinating the bookings of venues.
- Coordinating catch-up/master/booster sessions schedules as directed by the PM/VPA/
Other general duties include:
- Managing data inputs and outputs, keeping trackers updated
- Student intervention tracker
- Research tracker
- Lecturer development tracker
Eligibility and Requirements
First of all, applicants for this position must not have a criminal record.
In order to apply for the Teaching and Learning Assistant vacancy, you need the following minimum education:
- 3-year Diploma. Ideally but not necessary, Degree and/or Education qualification
Aside from that, you will need to have relevant previous job experience in order to succeed at applying for this position. Some examples of the demanded previous experience are:
- 2 – 3 years as a Senior Administrator
- 2 – 3 years Tutors/ clerk (public institutions)
- 2 – 3 years Data capture and handling
Finally, here are the skills that you will need for the Teaching and Learning Assistant position:
- Attention to detail
- Time management
- Interpersonal and communication skills
Do you feel like the perfect candidate for this position? Do not hesitate to apply!
You will need to prepare the following documents:
- A Cover Letter
- Your recently updated and comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Please apply through their official website, you can follow this link.
You need to fill out all the required information on their form and upload the necessary documents.
If you need more information or have any questions regarding the Teaching and Learning Assistant vacancy, the recruitment process, or the Rosebank College, you can go to their official website by following this link.
Finally, the Rosebank College will stop receiving new application for the Teaching and Learning Assistant vacancy on December 15, 2021.
Please submit your application before then. Correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted applicants.
We wish you luck with your application!