If you have completed Grade 12 and are passionate about healthcare and patient care, pharmacist assistant learnership opportunity may be good for you to try. Now if you are really interested with this kind of learnership, you need to prepare the application.
Table of Contents
There are two basic purposes of the learnership you need to know as the detail information. The first purpose is to complete the National Certificate successfully. This means that if you successfully complete it, you will have the certificate about Pharmacy Assistance Learnership Programme. You will also be enriched with the further related education and training certificate through the accredited Pharmacy Healthcare Academy. In this case, you can use the certificate to apply for the position in the workplace.
The second purpose of the learnership is to lead you to a qualification registered on the National Qualification Framework (NQF). You can get this targeted qualification by joining the theoretical and practical component of the learnership.
The learnership’s objectives of pharmacist assistant learnership deals with the programmes that are required to meet by the learners. Those are:
- Complete the contracts of the learnership training.
- Attend all the classes of training interventions.
- Complete all the competency assessment.
- Submit a portfolio of evidence.
- Give support to the Healthcare team under the supervision of a registered Pharmacist along with the legal scope of practice based on the outline of the South African Pharmacy Council (SAPC)
In order to successfully take the pharmacist assistant learnership, here are the listed of requirements for the candidates to fill.
- Grade 12 completion with the minimum score of mathematics 50% and English 50% as well.
- Customer service oriented.
- Must be willing to work with the teamwork.
- Have an integrity for the learnership program.
- Must be computer literate.
- Numeracy and literacy are must.
In relation to support the requirements, there are also some essential competencies that the candidates should be able to perform. Those are:
- Principles and values adhering.
- Willing to work with people.
- Delivery of results and meeting customer expectations.
- Instructions and procedures are followed actively.
- Networking ability.
- Relating ability.
- Planning and organizing ability.
If the candidates are able to meet these requirements especially the company’s targets in the employment equity plan and the national agenda for the development of unemployed youth, they will be preferably accepted.
There are still other information which is very important for the candidates to find out. In this case, if the candidates are successfully accepted to take the pharmacist assistant learnership, they will be required to enter into a work back agreement and work for the company that provides them this learnership. The period of the work back agreement is based on the period of this learnership programme. For example, if you have one year of learnership then you will have one year work back agreement, too.
Organizations like HWSETA and PEPFAR have a record in funding for pharmacist assistant learnership. Some of healthcare companies maybe offered pharmacist assistant learnership. You can check the each link for more information.
- Life Healthcare
- Melomed Private Hospital
- Platinum Health
- Adcock Ingram
- Advanced Health