Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
The Department of Justice and Constitutional Development is now hiring for the Maintenance Investigator position. The successful incumbent will be stationed at Magistrate Courts (Vryheid). If you think you have what it takes to be qualified for this Maintenance Investigator vacancy at Magistrate Courts (Vryheid), then submit your application today!
Please mention the reference number of this post, 19/17/KZN, within your application form if interested. This position offers a salary ranging from R 242 475 to R 285 630 per annum. Furthermore, the future qualified incumbent will also be required to sign a performance agreement. In order to be eligible for the position, all interested candidates must hold at least a Matric qualification with two years of relevant experience. Having experience in Family Law Matters as well as knowledge of the Maintenance Act (Act 99 of 1998) are also necessary. All applicants are required to be in possession of a valid driver’s license code EB as well.
Inherent skills and competencies required for the Maintenance Investigator vacancy at Magistrate Courts (Vryheid):
- Computer literacy
- Numeracy skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in an empathetic and professional manner
- Develop a thorough understanding of all procedures and services in the area of maintenance and other areas of family law
- Ability to explain legal terminology as well as processes in simple language
- Ability to manage time effectively and develop good facilitation skills
- Ability to work and think innovatively in pressured environment
- Ability to help the court in the conducting of maintenance matters for the court
- Tracing persons liable to pay maintenance as well as maintenance defaulters
- Gathering and securing information relevant to maintenance enquiries and defaulters
- Testifying in court under the supervision as well as controlling maintenance officers or maintenance prosecutors
- Rendering any administrative support to the office
- Rendering outdoor function requiring physical tracing capabilities
- Rendering any other administrative functions as needed from time to time
- Serving documents on respondents, complainants, banks or employers
How and When to Apply
To apply for this position, you must attach the following documents within your application:
- Z83 application form
- Certified copies of ID, qualifications and a valid driver’s licence
- A CV
- A SAQA evaluation report of any foreign qualifications (if applicable)
Submit your application no later than February 25, 2019 via post to: The Regional Head, Private Bag X54372, Durban, 4000
Or physically submit it to: Recruitment Section, First Floor Reception, 2 Devonshire Place, Durban
The employing department is an equal opportunity employer. Your application will not be regarded if it does not comply with the aforementioned requirements.
People with disabilities will be given reasonable accommodation, especially one where driver’s license is a necessity. Shortlisted candidates will receive correspondence. Therefore, if you haven’t yet received any notifications in the last three months after the closing date, please take it to mean your application as unsuccessful.
The hiring department holds the right not to fill the Maintenance Investigator vacancy at Magistrate Courts (Vryheid) if necessary.
In case you have any questions, please contact: Mr J.N. Mdaka Tel No: (031) 372 3000