A municipality that is a part of Garden Route District Municipality located in the Western Cape Province of South Africa is Knysna Municipality. It had more than 65.000 population as per 2011 based on the statistic records. As most residents live in Knysna which is situated on the shores of Knysna Lagoon, Knysna Municipality Government internship programme is available in some field that will be useful for the municipality itself.
This internship programme will be a good leap for those who have put their interest in working in a municipality, especially Knysna. Living near the shores of Knysna Lagoon rises up the chance to apply what you learn in this internship.
Knysna Municipality has their commitment to enhance the employability of the unemployed graduates to grow their skills and strive to build the human capital in South Africa. Therefore, Knysna Municipality invites all graduates who need practical work experiences and those who are passionate to work in municipality. Have you met all the requirements mentioned below, you might be what they are looking for to grow together. Keep on reading to find out more information.
Table of Contents
Job Title: Knysna Municipality Internship Opportunities
Recruiter: Knysna Municipality Government
Location: Knysna, Western Cape
Salary: R3 800 stipend monthly
Type of work: full-time 12 months
Available Qualifications for Internship
Hereby, if you wish to participate in the internship, there are some available qualifications that the applicants can choose, as follows.
- Bachelor of Town and Regional Planning
- Advanced Diploma of Civil Engineering, Internal Auditing, Water Treatment, and Electrical Engineering
Furthermore, to apply for the Knysna Municipality Government internship programme, these following requirements are obligatory to fulfill.
- The applicants must have no work experience or exposure
- Not having participated in any internship before is a must
- Having the permanent resident within the area of Greater Knysna Municipality
- Having the citizenship of South African is compulsory
- The applicants must be in the age of 18 and 35 years old
- Applicants who are previously disadvantaged will get more preferences
Moreover, as the criterion for applying for the job, the applicants must prepare these documents during their applications.
- A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- An application letter that stated the relevant internship
- Certified copies of qualifications which are not older than 3 months
- Copies of other training
Further, the applicants can send these documents to the Human Resource Department, P O Box 21, Knysna, 6570. Alternatively, the applicants can send their application through email at [email protected].
In addition, the Municipality reserves their right not to make any appointment from all applications based on their standard and policy. To emphasize, submitting late or incomplete documents will cause your applications to be unsuccessful. Thus, you can submit the application as soon as possible.
What is more, if you wish to contact the manager of the human resources, you can contact Ms. Luline Philips at +27 (0) 44 302 6307. However, for other queries, contacting the human resources officer, Gaylene Roberts at +27 (0)44 302 6371 or through email at [email protected] is acceptable as well.
The closing date of this internship programme will be on 9 March 2021.